Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2020, 02:03 AM
    Trump's Budget
    Remember when he said he would eliminate the federal debt, or at least halve it, during his presidency? His new budget proposes to add another $3.4 trillion by 2024 to the debt on top of the $3 trillion Trump has already added, by piling on $1-trillion-a-year budget deficits during a peacetime expansion. Under Trump’s latest plans, the debt would keep mushrooming until at least 2035 — by his administration’s own rosy projections.

Recall his repeated promises not to “touch” Social Security and Medicare? Even as the elderly population swells, his budget calls for removing half a trillion dollars of funding from the Medicare program over 10 years, including $135 billion from Medicaid.program over 10 years, including $135 billion from Medicare prescription drugs, and tens of billions from the Social Security program.

He promised not to touch Medicaid, either. Now he wants to cut it by $920 billion.

He was going to give Americans health care “much better” than Obamacare. But he has proposed no such thing and now his budget calls for cutting spending on the program by $844 billion.

Fraud.

Remember his vows that his tax cuts would grow the economy by 4 percent, 5 percent or even 6 percent? Last year it grew at 2.3 percent, and his new budget, even with the rosiest of assumptions, projects 2.8 percent for this year. Yet the budget would also devote another $1.4 trillion to extending those tax cuts, primarily for the rich.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 11, 2020, 06:23 AM
    Isn't the biggest talent this dufus has is to talk what people whose votes he counts on want to hear while stabbing them in the back with his constant stream of lies? I doubt he even reads his own budgets just gives an aide an outline that he later fills in with wait for it...more lies! He may be a dufus and all, no doubt, but he knows full well he gets nothing, and probably wants nothing really except to do what he does best and that's lie, cheat, and steal, and find someone he can BULLY!

Think about it. Since he got to the WH that's ALL he has done. If he wins re election that's all he will do.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2020, 08:34 AM
    Remember when he said he would eliminate the federal debt, or at least halve it, during his presidency? His new budget proposes to add another $3.4 trillion by 2024 to the debt on top of the $3 trillion Trump has already added, by piling on $1-trillion-a-year budget deficits during a peacetime expansion. Under Trump’s latest plans, the debt would keep mushrooming until at least 2035 — by his administration’s own rosy projections.
    I had hoped we had elected the "anti-Obama", but rather sadly he is behaving just as Obama did in this regard. Very disappointing.
    Expert

Feb 11, 2020, 10:14 AM
    He behaves like a lying, cheating, stealing, bullying dufus in most regards and that's even more dissapointing. No surprise there though! Shocking that people cheer him on for more of it.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2020, 01:36 PM
    Hold your pant's on ya'll: TRUMP WILL HAVE ANOTHER, ALMOST, 5 YEARS TO SORT ALL THIS OUT! Maybe he will get to it in his 2nd Term!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2020, 01:58 PM
    like the President's budget is ever passed . Please let's stop insulting each other by pretending that either party gives a rat's patoot about budget restraint;or saving the SS ponzi scheme and Medicare from their inevasible collapses . I knew before Trump ran that he was a big state pol with big ideas about how the Feds could spend our money . The good news is that he has more economic sense than any of the Dems who will likely oppose him in the coming fall campaign. But I have no illusions . There is no one running who is either one who believes in fiscal restraint ;or has a clue about what federalism or the framers intended .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2020, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The good news is that he has more economic sense than any of the Dems who will likely oppose him in the coming fall campaign.
    The bad news is that Trump is clueless about the economy. His "policies" are designed for one thing only - to garner votes so that he can continue to plunder the Treasury and join the billionaires club.
    Expert

Feb 11, 2020, 03:25 PM
    His words and actions are self evident. He gets his or nobody gets nothing and he has out blustered everybody into a state of fear, and desperation. That's how he got where he is, exploiting fear and desperation. The good news is that may be what gets him out of office.
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2020, 04:12 PM
    We're setting records with this economy but Trump is clueless? Wow. Wish Obama had been clueless in that same fashion.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2020, 05:56 PM
    Politics is the art of the possible, so you have ambit claims and you have what the parties will agree to
    Expert

Feb 11, 2020, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    We're setting records with this economy but Trump is clueless? Wow. Wish Obama had been clueless in that same fashion.
    Are you going to toot the dufus horn again knowing good and darn well it's a false note? The dufus cut taxes like all repub presidents before him especially after the dems spend 8 years getting it back in shape from repub legal fiscal
    stealing for 8 years.

Why is this time different?
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2020, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Are you going to toot the dufus horn again knowing good and darn well it's a false note? The dufus cut taxes like all repub presidents before him especially after the dems spend 8 years getting it back in shape from repub legal fiscal
    stealing for 8 years.
    reducing taxes is not stealing, taxation is theft
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2020, 07:46 PM
    right on especially income tax .
    Expert

Feb 12, 2020, 03:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Reducing rich guy taxes and not mine sure is, especially when you also cut things that benefit ME in the process. Bad enough rich guys control the money flow, and my wages, insurance and everything else I count on, but prices too? In addition my elected official works for them while I pay their salary and benefits. That's not okay either.

Where's that raise I've been waiting decades on?
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Reducing rich guy taxes and not mine sure is, especially when you also cut things that benefit ME in the process. Bad enough rich guys control the money flow, and my wages, insurance and everything else I count on, but prices too? In addition my elected official works for them while I pay their salary and benefits. That's not okay either.

Where's that raise I've been waiting decades on?
    Well Tal perhaps you should ask your congressman, but be sure to ask your boss first
    Expert

Feb 12, 2020, 05:42 AM
    My congressman is asking for money I don't have but the local rich guy does and the boss says he can't afford to give me a raise because he has to pay my elected official to get him MO'Money. Vicious cycle.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2020, 06:36 AM
    Athos: Trump has been a BILLIONAIRE for a long time...he can't "join" a club of which he is already a member.

Trump also DOES NOT need to show his tax returns: NONE OF OUR BUSINESS....and SCOTUS SAID SO!

Trump had the GREATEST WEEK OF HIS PRESIDENCY LAST WEEK:
    1) Acquitted in Impeachment fiasco
    2) Approval Rating hit highest mark of his time in Office
    3) Threw three "bums" off their "spy" jobs, those being Sondland and the two Vindman backstabbers
    4) Found out and got rid of 72 "Deep State" Obama holdovers who were spying and leaking on the White House: BIG HIT!!!
    5) Gave the State Of The Union speech and provoked Nancy to show her true colors and throw an infantile fit for the American People to see

Things ain't looking good for the home team but looking GREAT FOR TRUMP!
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 06:41 AM
    Your Congressman is spending so much time fundraising for himself ;and voting on nonsense like impeachment that he doesn't have time to address your concerns . Term limits ... but that amendment won't happen if we wait for Congress to pass it .
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2020, 06:46 AM
    Vac and Tom, those were two really good posts, especially that parts about tax returns and Trump's good week.
    Expert

Feb 12, 2020, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Your Congressman is spending so much time fundraising for himself ;and voting on nonsense like impeachment that he doesn't have time to address your concerns . Term limits ... but that amendment won't happen if we wait for Congress to pass it .
    Impeachment is over the repubs stopped it in it's tracks and money is power in politics. Rich guys fix everything with a few bucks, from parking tickets to elections to the bulge in their pockets. Impeachment doesn't explain the decades of bread going up and my wages didn't. Money in politics does though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Prepare a Budgeted Income Statement, Cash Budget, Sales Budget/Cash Collections, Purc [ 1 Answers ]

The CEO of Kingston Cart Inc. asked the Chief Financial Officer to prepare a Master Budget for the next three months, beginning July 1, 2010. The company's policy is to maintain a minimum cash balance of $6,000 at each month end. Sales are forecasted at an average selling price of $70 per cart....

View more questions Search