Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzstre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 11:59 AM
    Exporting Outlook Express contacts
    I just upgraded to a new computer at work. Old comp running Windows 98, new comp with Windows XP MCE. I am trying to export my contacts from Outlook Express from old comp to new, but the contacts are not saved as a .wab file. The prior user had them saved to "Microsoft Outlook Contact Store". There is an option in the Address Book to change the location where the contacts are saved. I have tried switching the contact location back to .wap, but the contacts disappear until I switch back to the "Contact Store". When the contacts are saved to the "Contact Store", there is no option to export the contacts. How do I find this file and export the contacts to my new computer? I am desperate for help. I have nearly 300 work contacts that I will have to manually enter if I cannot find an answer.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Brandy
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Check out the bottom of this thread:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Appl..._10228825.html
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 02:05 PM
    HI,
    Does your old Win98/98SE computer still work?
    If so, go to Start/Programs/Accessories/Address Book.
    After clicking on Address Book, you can then click on File, then click on "Show all Contents", if you have more than one email account.
    Now, Click on File, Export, Address Book, then browse to select somewhere, like My Documents, and give it a name, such as xxxxx.wab.
    This will save the Contacts (Address book) as a .wab file in My Documents.
    Best of luck.
    You can also access your Contacts on your old computer with Win98/98SE by going to:
    Start/Programs/Windows Explorer, then follow the path to:
    c:\windows\application data\microsoft\address book.
    The address book will be on the righthand side, called "computer.wab".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express: Big Address Book but nothing in Contacts [ 11 Answers ]

Got a new laptop and imported my address book (wab) into OE... the same way I've done it dozens of times over the years... But on this 'puter the Contacts pane is empty. When I go to the address book (from within OE) all my contacts are there, and when I go to send an email and start typing...

Outlook express 6 [ 2 Answers ]

How can I use my outlook properly, I can't receive, can't send what is happening... please help me... :(

Exporting Mail from Outlook 2003 to 2000 [ 9 Answers ]

I have been strugggling with this (what I feel should be simple and probably is) problem for two days now and its driving me up the wall so could some kindly soul please help!! I need to export all my saved e-mails (in various sub-folders within the INBOX) from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 on my...

Outlook express [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new computer{XP} and gave my daughter the old {98}. I set up a router so that she can get the web and to share other programs. I have no problems moving programs to mine from hers except OutLook Express 6, I would love to have mu old e-mail addys and saved e-mails. What am I doing wrong...

View more questions Search