Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grim Reaper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2018, 09:22 AM
    Janitrol M-120 Gas Furnace - Need Wiring Diagram, ETC.
    I need a wiring diagram, etc. especially an installation/maintenance manual, for a Janitrol M-120 gas furnace. I am specifically interested in knowing the connections for the manifold high-limit temperature switch and the fan motor relay/contactor.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2018, 06:19 PM
    Schematic is usually found on the inside door of the air handler.
    Grim Reaper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2018, 08:54 AM
    Thanks for your answer but the diagram is missing. This furnace, Janitrol by Moffat, model M-120, S# 039991, was supposedly installed in 1968 when the house was built. Over the years various people have worked on the furnace and changed the wiring around. I had to rewire it to the Air conditioner contactor, gas valve and thermostat. One connection I need to make is the high temperature limit switch to the primary of the control transformer to enable it to shut off power if the heat exchanger or plenum temperature is too high. I don't know where that switch and wires are physically located on this furnace, I need to know that information. The color of the wires that go to the high temperature limit switch would be useful too.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2018, 06:51 PM
    On my last two furnaces, a Day and Night and an Amana, the limit switches were located on the left side of the plenum, about 2-3 inches above the burners. Small round disc with 2 wires. I have seen others that are square or rectangular. All of them have 2 wires. Some are thermal snap discs that reset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Janitrol 18-60 wiring diagram [ 0 Answers ]

Need a wiring diagram for janitrol termostat

Janitrol Wiring Diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol Gas Furnace that is not lighting,the serial# 9805613173 and the model# GMPN0804. When our temperature began to change I went to turn on the furnace and it wouldn't light,I called a local heating/cooling company and when their man came out to check it he ruled the furnace unsafe...

Janitrol thermostat wiring diagram [ 0 Answers ]

I have a janitrol unit model AR36-1. It has a brown,white,red,blue, and green wire. I have a honeywell thermostat model RTH2410. How can I connect this unit to the thermosat?

Sequencer wiring diagram for janitrol [ 1 Answers ]

What color wire goes were

View more questions Search