Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FedUpWhim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Why has sex become an issue
    Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half now, and the bedroom has become more of a battlefield. He makes it very apparent when he does and when he doesn't want to have sex. Its to the point to where I'm so fed up with this bull that I'm ready to walk. I mean really, this has got to stop. I have asked every question known to man as to why things have become like this, but the answer is always the same with him, " theres nothing wrong with you, and nothing wrong with me." is that? Can someone please tell me what in the world that is supposed to mean. I'll give you an example... The other day I woke him up with breakfast in bd, got his clothes together for the day, cooked him lunch, and dinner I might add, and in the evening I tried to engage in sex with him only to get told... uh, were not doing this today. OK so Im asking the question.. whats wrong with today? Only to get told... I just don't want to, maybe another day... Okay, this happens like every day... It becomes a fight which only leads to 3 or 4 more days of no contact what so ever. Followed by him trying to give advances towards me..? Can someone please enlighhten me as to what is going on here?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 12, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Yes walk, there is something strange going on. It sound as if he has got some on the side. And when he can't get none there he is trying to get it from you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Walk away fast. If you have this sort of problem now its certainly not going to get better. He wants to control you. I've been married 16 years, I dated heavily for many years before that. I never once tried that stunt. Or would even think of it.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 13, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FedUpWhim
    ...uh, were not doing this today...
    That's mental! I'd walk too!

I've been told you girls have got needs right?

Tell him exactly how you feel, maybe he could shed some light on the situation.

Don't just to any conclusions just yet, he could have a genuine problem.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 05:56 AM
    There is some emotional problem underlying this one. I agree.. move on there is something wrong.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Think living with an inconsiderate lover is frustrating now? Just wait. It isn't as bad as it could be. Meaning, it WILL likely get WORSE long term.

Sexual compatibility is something people must address, both in new relationships and long term relationships. It is easy to drift apart unintentionally if you don't communicate and sometimes "force" yourself to keep a focus on your sexual health. Even best case scenarios, where both people are dedicated and giving, can have rough spots.

You, I'm afraid, are in a completely different situation. You are with a person who is deliberately inconsiderate. OK... I'm OK with the "i can't right now, im tired" line now and then. It is better when both people are in synch... but he is pretty much telling you "too bad. i dont give a damn about your needs"

Wow. Wow. And wow.

A good self check now and then: would you have put up with how your partner is treating you now if they treated you that way early on? If your answer is no... that it would have been a huge red flag then... well, its still one now.

I have a friend who, after twenty years of marriage, seemingly happy, is now facing a potential divorce or separation. Why? Lack of intimacy. She has to decide whether she can settle on being a "roommate" with the person she devoted her life to. He's generally a good guy otherwise, great provider, nice, friendly... but he's grown completely lazy about intimacy (and this is just as much about affection as it is about anything sexual) and he's taken the "im sorry. tough luck" approach. He's happy to live with her. But won't make any effort to show affection.

I HATE to say this, but I really don't think you can expect more from your partner... as in, he'll probably never really be where you are. Marriage, jobs, kids... they all draw time and energy away from intimacy, and if someone is lazy about it anyway, they'll have no short number of excuses to use to deny you satisfaction.

Demand more for yourself. If you stay, you MUST accept that you may only be a roommate with this person, or at least your satisfaction will be on "his clock" (hope he's a FANTASTIC lover if that's all you get)

And if you do choose to stay you know what you are getting. You aren't allowed to stay AND complain about it. He is who he is. You can take it or leave it. People can change, but only when they are compelled to. I have little faith he's interested in changing his perspective.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Yes walk, there is something strange going on. It sound as if he has got some on the side. And when he can't get none there he is trying to get it from you.
    Could not have said this better myself - he is getting it from somewhere
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 13, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Walk away. It's something emotional or mental.
    There's something wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Issue with sex, intimacy, or self-esteem? [ 12 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married 14 1/2 yrs. And together 17. We are both 34. For the past 2 yrs. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety and am on meds for this. Over the past 6 months. Or so I have become obsessed with sex, but I'm not sure it's the sex that's the issue. If my husband...

Who issue W2? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Work summary: - Worked in a University for Jan and Feb 2006 - Worked on CPT (training) with a company from March till 1 May 06 - Worked on OPT with same company from May 1 to Dec 1 06

240 V issue [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought new duel fuel range, needs 240V, only have standard 125V. Electrician said $1000 to run conduit outside my house, across attic, down wall and make new plug. Seems expensive. Can I do most of it and have he/she finish breaker box work, and wall rec. Any red flags, thoughts,...

Issue from my past [ 4 Answers ]

I am very happily married, so this has nothing to do with a desire for another man, just so I am understood. But, I had a love years ago, we almost married. He was hiding an onset of schitzophrenia, we tried to work through it, but it was too much for him. He left one day. My husband feels he...

Is this a issue ? [ 7 Answers ]

PC : XP Pro Service pack 2 --------------------------- Start/Run <typed>MSCONFIG Looked in: Win.Ini Programs It shows: ;msconfig Luke.exe=C:\storage\calarkconnect iso\clarkconnect-2.1iso

View more questions Search