Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asara786 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 03:31 PM
    Company Law
    Discuss the proposition that the rule in Salomon v Salomon & Co Ltd [ 1897] AC 223, although legally and doctrinally correct, does not always reflect the reality of the division of powers and influence between the board of directors and the general meeting.

Specifically, consider how, in the case of either (“quasi-partnership”) small private companies or quoted public companies, the influence of the shareholders is larger than acknowledged in Salomon.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2009, 03:35 PM

Please review the guidelines on asking for help with homework that can be found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/arts-l...board-b-u.html

Is it Salomon v Salomon time again? About twice a year we get a flurry of questions from law students asking us to do their work for them. YOU discuss it and while let you know how close you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doughter in law from hell [ 4 Answers ]

How do I deal with a daughter in law from Brazil that my son married after only knowing her for 6 months. They have been married 2 years now She treats me terrible, threatens constently to take my son and move to Brazil so I never see him again. We are a very close family (or were) till she...

Tax law for outsourcing company from Colombia south america [ 1 Answers ]

Good afternoon. I am writing from Colombia and planning to open an outsourcing business in order to serv mortgage companies from NY and NJ - USA. I need to know what is the tax and operations law for this type of businessñ also how can I get paid by my clients in the US. I am a legal US...

Real estate law [ 2 Answers ]

I need sample letters of foreclosure summons reply for Florida.

What can I do by law? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I own a remodeling business in Jacksonville Fl. We had a client breach a contract. Upon his breachment, we turn over the contract to our corporate attorneys. Upon their review, it would cost more to fight than just to let it go, so we let it go. Within two days, on a Sunday, October...

Condominium by law changes procedure [ 6 Answers ]

I live in a condo in NJ & the board wants to change the by laws. There has only been 1 meeting to discuss the proposed changes. Don't they have to have a meeting after changing the proposal, before voting on to discuss as owners? :mad: :confused:

View more questions Search