Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ted23 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2006, 07:54 PM
    Can someone help me improve on basketball?
    I'm in 8th grade and only 5'2 but I really want to get better so I can make my high school team and I practice a lot but it doesn't seem to work
    So can someone help me out?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 5, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Drill drill drill until you can be the best shoter in the HS... but from there you've got a major height disadvantage to deal with. The only shot I think you'd have to make a HS team is if
    1. You were the fastest guy on the team with the best moves and ball handling skill, and
    2. If your legs were powerful enough to give you some jump.

Good luck, Ted!
    Ted23 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Thanks
    Does anybody know any good drills and excercises for ballhandling, shootoing, and getting faster?
    grant8704 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Wall dribbling will make your fingers stronger to palm and handle the ball better and you should practice some crossover, spin move, behind the back, and all that good stuff

For speed Sprints , Jogging, and Jump roping
    lovequestioner Posts: 10, Reputation: -6

Jul 14, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Do jumping jacks so you can get higher because I'm 4'11' and there is a 6 foot hoop and I can touch the rim but I can't dunk and do some shooting
    rutledgemason Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted23
    im in 8th grade and only 5'2 but i really want to get better so i can make my high school team and i practice alot but it doesnt seem to work
    so can someone help me out?
    Just keep practiceing. I have the same problem but I'm 5'4. If you figure out more tell me at rutledgemason

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improve presence of mind [ 10 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I want to improve my presence of mind or quickwittedness.Most of the times I don't find the reply instantly of any general talk and I have to stood silent and after sometime I realize that could be one of the answers.Is my mind blunt?

Improve vertical jumping [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Hey Hey, I'm about 5'11 my goal is to touch the rim by March or so when I jump I need about 10 inches to touch the rim. I was thinking about buying SpringBak soles, has anyone ever used them? If so did they work and how much did I add to your jump? And if you got any good programs or anything...

Help improve my son's reading... [ 18 Answers ]

My son is 10 yrs old and now in the 5th grade. He has always struggled with reading but I'm worried that he is not improving well enough. I don't want him to have a hard time, as he gets older work will get harder. Are there any suggestions of workbooks, games, or programs that are a sure thing...

How to improve duct temperature sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I encounter a very high failure rate in our aircraft's aircon duct sensor. It may be due to high humility and the aircon package's water separator was unable to extract the water. Modification of aircon pack is not a option. So that leaves the improvement of the temperature sensor. Does...

View more questions Search