Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LH8 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Having babies with someone else
    I have recently found out my husband slept with someone else and she is now pregnant. This was hard enough but now I have found out it is twins. When I approach the subject he withdraws into himself and get I don't know whenever I ask him anything - I just don't know what to do anymore??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 10, 2008, 05:55 AM
    What do you want to do? Are you looking to save your marriage? Be part of the kids lives? We need more info to advise you.

Jun 10, 2008, 06:21 AM
    I really don't know - I keep swaying from leaving to staying
    I don't think I could handle him going to hers to see the kids and he said he didn't want anything to do with it until he found out there were 2 which is when he started with the "i don't know"s
    I was ready to leave 2 days ago but couldn't bring myself to do it - I do still love it I just feel so betrayed!

Jun 10, 2008, 06:30 AM
    I strongly suggest that the two of you seek counseling. It may be too late to work things but I think you need some help in trying.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 09:21 AM
    He was unfaithful. You need to decide the forgiveness issue once and for all before you can opt on any other issue. You're marriage is only as strong as your commitment to one another, something that should be operating above any issue thrown at you, even infidelity.

But if it's not, you need to figure that out before you get involved with children. Bad blood between you and your husband isn't their concern and they should be protected from it if it's going to be there after they're born. So you'll need to forgive him if you want this to turn out well.

If you do, then he needs to know you are going to be at his side for this whole issue, just as you'd want him to be if the roles were reversed. Those kids need to come into your home and feel cared for and loved and doted on, and none of the grownup animosity that could exist between you and the other woman should be shared with them, ever.

The children can have a life with EXTRA loving, caring people. But if those people are quarreling in the background all the time, it kills their security and makes them feel responsible. Only you can stop that from happening.
    • Fix the marriage.
    • Work out the rules w/the other woman ahead of time.
    • Firm up the finances.
    • Be people of your word.
    • Be calm and unjealous of the time that goes to the kids, they need it now.
    Budhabelly Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jun 10, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Its obvious why you want to leave. What are you reasons for staying?

Jun 11, 2008, 01:02 AM
    Sounds corny, but I do love him!!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 01:10 AM
    Unconditional love has the ability to forgive. Choose, then own your choice.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 12, 2008, 12:41 PM
    You really need to take your time, and figure out what you want, and how you want to deal with this.

You may be numb, or still in shock, and may need some time away to gather yourself.
    HollyAnngel Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Jun 12, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Think about the future. Are u not afraid he would do it again with her or someone else? Once a cheater always a cheater. U don't have to hate him to leave but I would be pretty angry...

Aug 12, 2008, 02:39 AM
    Hi everyone - thanks for all your advice - the more the saga went on the worse it got
    He was actually enagaged to this 16 year old and she had my original engagement ring - I got sick of all the lies and sent him to stay with his brother
    My family have been great - I think I have been really strong through this but dreading tomorrow (It would have been our 5th wedding anniversay)
    I have filed for divorce but had to go on hold as both the babies died last week.

Like I say - I just wanted to thank you all for your advice :)

Aug 12, 2008, 05:41 AM
    He was engaged to a 16 yr old?? If you have been married for 5 years, then I would assume he's over 21. I assume this 16 yr old was the one he got pregnant? He's lucky he's not in jail!!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 06:28 AM
    With your addition information it isn't an innocent fling because it sounds more pre meditated and well though out and giving your engagement ring means he had no intention of owning up to the girl that he was married.

Aug 12, 2008, 07:58 AM
    She knew he was married because she used to stand and talk to me when I went to see him at work - sorry she was 17 when she actually got pregnant, they got engaged when she was 16 (Not that I'm defending him!)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Whether she knew or not your husband is still totally in the wrong and her knowing AND accepting an engagement ring means he most likely was feeding her all kinds of lines like he is getting a divorce and he doesn't love you anymore, you don't get along, you sleep in separate rooms, haven't had sex in over a year, etc, etc...

Aug 12, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Absolutely - that was the clincher for me! When I saw that we got identical valentine day cards except mine said wife and hers said fiancée

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All I can think about is babies! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and about to get married in the next few months and recently I have become completely obsessed with wanting to have a baby. I am completely aware that the timing is wrong and I can honestly say that if I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I would not be in the right place. My fiancé and I...

Where do Babies come from? [ 1 Answers ]

Where do babies come from?:confused:

Babies last name what one does he get? [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know where to put this ? But I was wondering if I am not a married with the father of the baby does he get my last name or does he get the fathers last name??

Babies [ 4 Answers ]

Are a babies eyes full size at birth I heard that they are. Nose and ears grow, but eyes are full size at birth true or false?

Babies. [ 15 Answers ]

I just had a baby on Friday and I was wondering if I could give my baby water, and if so what type?

View more questions Search