Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plt831 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 05:46 PM
    NTSF on booting up computer
    When my computer is booting up, it goes to a blue page that says Disk Check C and if I hit any key within 10 seconds it will skip this. One time it went through 5 folders for disk check on C program and I had to let it finish. How do I get rid of this when I turn on my laptop? I don't know what NTSF is.
    Thank you for any help
    plt831
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 06:30 PM
    You don't want to get rid of this disk check as it's a good idea to just let it do it's thing each time you boot up. I know it's annoying but they put it there for a reason. Helps to keep you apprised of any new surprises on your laptop. NTSF is a fancy computer word for internal file system. This is the kind of system you have.
    jkohan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 10:01 PM
    I know I am new, but I wanted to poke around here for a little bit...

NTFS stands for New Technology File System. It is the file system that works best with windows 2000 NT and above. (really any NT operating system)

Anyway, most of the time you have to ask the computer to run the check disk utility that you are seeing. Or if you don't ask to run check disk, it will automatically run after Windows senses a problem... like an improper shut down. If this is running every time you start the computer something is wrong. Are you shutting down the computer the correct way? And not just holding the power button in? Anything else strange you are noticing?
    plt831 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 04:42 PM
    To JKOHAN
    Thank you for your input. I did download spybot from the internet and then I started having the problem. I just became tired enough of watching for this to show, I put in a new system restore point and deleted spybot. This is the first time I have used my laptop since I deleted spybot and changed dates, and I had no problem getting on line and no blue screen telling me it would scan C disk if I did not hit any key before the counter went to 0.
    Thank you for your input, and I accept anything else you or anyone has to explain to me about this odd behavior I encountered.
    plt831

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer keeps booting [ 4 Answers ]

I have a computer that keeps booting after the xp logo goes off. You see the screen flash on and off a couple of times and it goes back to the beginning. I've tried disconnecting everything and still the same. I've hit the F8 key and tried to go into safe mode and that quits after it shows safe...

USB Booting? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to be able to boot from a USB drive and my bios doesn't support booting from USB devices, so I was wondering if a dos based boot cd(cause my machine doesn't have a floppy drive) to re-route the boot from the USB device, and if so... can somebody show me how to create one. I already know how...

Need Help. Booting [ 1 Answers ]

My computer was working perfectly yesterday. This morning I started it up, normally as I always do, then the following problem occurred. "Operative system failed." Any idea why THAT could happen?

Computer not powering off or booting up [ 3 Answers ]

The led light are flashning but PC not booting or powering off need help on what to check .first thanks guys . All I can tell adout the specs are it has a M7VIG 400 mother board , KVR 333 mem / 256

View more questions Search