Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JRS1047USMC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2015, 10:28 PM
    I allowed a family member move there mobile home my land now they won't move
    Me & my 3 brothers own land to help a family member out I allowed them to move their trailer on it, After 9.5 years I ask them to start paying rent or leave they refuse to do either.
    JRS1047USMC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2015, 10:41 PM
    How much time do I have to give them to get out or off my land
    We allowed someone to move her trailer on our land to help take care of grandparents, they are dead now. They refuse to pay lot rent or leave. What are my options how long will it take to get them off my land with there trailer
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 15, 2015, 06:04 AM
    First, any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

But since it is their trailer and your land I think general landlord/tenant law will cover it. Since there was no prior rental agreement, I'm guessing you need to first give them 30 days notice that they have to pay rent. After the notice deadline, you can then issue a pay or quit notice giving them x days to move the trailer. The x days depends on local law). If they don't move within the deadline, then you need to go to court for an eviction order.

I would check this with your local housing court or magistrate.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 15, 2015, 08:22 AM
    ... We allowed someone to move her trailer on our land to help take care of grandparents, they are dead now. ...
    Also (I'm assuming the grandparents, not the owners of the MH, are dead), make sure title to the property is indeed in your name. Did the grandparents leave the property to you by will? Was their estate probated (that is, was a petition filed with the court to determine that the property was inherited by you)?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 15, 2015, 09:02 AM
    Another point, since it appears that the 4 siblings inherited the land jointly, then all 4 siblings will need to sign off on any eviction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

? About getting a family member to move [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I live in a single family home that is owned by his mother. She lives in an inlaw apartment over the garage. We pay her rent to live here. My husbands sister lives in the basement which is finished off and is supposed to be paying rent. Since my husband's father passed away...

Getting a family member to leave my home when I move [ 7 Answers ]

I presently lease a home and my name is the only one on the lease document. My daughter (39) and grand daughter (15) are listed as occupants. My daughters boyfriend also lives in the house. I am in the process of buying a condo for myself and feel that my daughter will refuse to leave when I...

Land owner won't let me move my mobile home [ 18 Answers ]

Can the owner of the land keep my mobile home? What do I need to file in court in order to move my mobile home?

Family member won't move out of my house [ 5 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma. My mother, aged 83, came to stay with me last February and has decided she doesn't want to move out. We have no written rental agreement. She has contributed somewhat to expenses (mostly utility bills, but some $ has been given). She is more or less destitute and I felt badly...

Family Member Won't Move Out [ 3 Answers ]

My aunt owns her home. While she is not currently living there, she is helping her nephew out by letting him stay until he gets on his feet. There is no legal agreement (paperwork)... it was a verbal understanding, and when he moved in it was under the understanding that it was NOT permanent, and...

View more questions Search