Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bb06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title
    Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway...

There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime.

Pretty much the only part I can remember is these kids in a cottage type of house. There was a kitchen table that had a milk pitcher and other household items... somehow these kids go to a different land where the milk pitcher and these other household items (I can't remember what they are. Maybe a butter dish or something) come to life as humans. I think maybe the dog also becomes human...

It sounds very weird but it was very cute. Please help if you can!

Thanks!
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Jul 5, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bb06
    Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyways...

There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime.

Pretty much the only part I can remember is these kids in a cottage type of house. There was a kitchen table that had a milk pitcher and other household items... somehow these kids go to a different land where the milk pitcher and these other household items (i can't remember what they are. maybe a butter dish or something) come to life as humans. I think maybe the dog also becomes human...

It sounds very weird but it was very cute. Please help if you can!

Thanks!!
    Could it be: "the brave little toaster"

An animated tale of five household appliances--Radio (Lovitz), Lampy the Lamp (Stack), Blanky the Electric Blanket (Day), Kirby the Vacuum Cleaner (Ravencroft), and the toaster of the title (Oliver)--and their search for "Rob," the boy who was their master. The journey begins in a quiet summer cottage and takes them into the wilds of the inner city. After braving rainstorms, repairmen, and an electromagnet, the appliances find happiness in an urban junkyard.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Jul 5, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dias06
    cud it be: "the brave little toaster"

An animated tale of five household appliances--Radio (Lovitz), Lampy the Lamp (Stack), Blanky the Electric Blanket (Day), Kirby the Vacuum Cleaner (Ravencroft), and the toaster of the title (Oliver)--and their search for "Rob," the boy who was their master. The journey begins in a quiet summer cottage and takes them into the wilds of the inner city. After braving rainstorms, repairmen, and an electromagnet, the appliances find happiness in an urban junkyard.
    I was thinking the same thing. I think there may be a brave little toaster 2 as well.
    A2daUnU2daB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Yeah I thought the brave little toaster too, there's no other movie I know of with living appliances
    bb06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
    LOL. It's not the brave little toaster. These characters actually become human. Another poster found it for me! It is called Blue Bird. But thanks to everyone for the help!
    RottweilerFraulien Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 08:04 PM
    That's a very old shirley temple movie

The last one before the bachelor and bobby soxer . She also meets her sibling in heaven .

Good movie
    ManiKiss86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 04:48 PM
    Hi... I am trying to figure out the name of a movie I remebryou watching when I was a little girl. It is about a ng man who is about to get married and is in the woods and finds a real angel who cannot speak and ends up falling in love with her. I remember at the end he is in the hospital and the angel ends up being the nurse in the room cause he had thought she had went back to heaven. I only remember bits but I hope this helps. Thanks!
    Movie_justice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 03:16 AM
    The movie you are looking for and one of my most favs as well!! Date with an angle... Try your tube to watch, sometimes you get pretty lucky on full length or part by part!!
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 31, 2013, 06:42 PM
    The Blue Bird (1976)
    IMDb synopsis:
    A pair of peasant children, Mytyl and her brother Tyltyl, are led on a magical quest for the fabulous Blue Bird of Happiness by the Fairy Berylune. On their journey, they are accompanied by the humanized presences of a Dog, a Cat, Light, Fire, Bread, and other entities.
    CAST:
    Patsy Kensit... Mytyl
    Todd Lookinland... Tyltyl
    Elizabeth Taylor... Queen of Light / Mother / Witch / Maternal Love
    Jane Fonda... The Night
    Ava Gardner... Luxury
    Cicely Tyson... Tylette
    Robert Morley... Father Time
    Harry Andrews... The Oak

The Blue Bird (1976) - IMDb

Here's the complete movie on YouTube:
    The Blue Bird 1976) Elizabeth Taylor Ava Gardner Jane Fonda ( full movie ) - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

Very Vague Description of scene in movie.. hoping to find title [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone name the movie this scene may have come from?. Two cops walk into an old house. A record player is playing, antiques decorate the front room. The cops are overwhelmed with pungent odor exuding from dining room... Upon entering they discover a family (older people) of rotted corpses ,...

80's? Children fantasy movie! Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 and I remember watching this movie when I was a little girl. So I'm pretty sure it was made in the 80's or 90's. Well the only things I remember about the movie is that it involved the song... "do your ears hang low? do they wobble two and fro? can you tie them in a knot? can you tie them...

Need 80's Movie Title Please Help [ 3 Answers ]

This fantasy movie is about some kids who keep hearing a noise from the bottom of a quarry. I think it is a metal dragon or monster. That's all I can tell you. Soory. Would be very happy if someone knew the title, and also very impressed!

I need an 80's movie title please help [ 1 Answers ]

The movie was about 2 kids that befriend the ghost of a little girl how haunts a mausleum, and he antagonist of the movie is trying to get to diamonds that he thinks are hidden in the cemetery which turn out to hidden inside the ghost girls dolls porcelain head. Any help ould be a great help...

View more questions Search