Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eheger Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2004, 05:15 PM
    Yahoo Images
    I have Yahoo set as my homepage and recently there are images that have not been loading when I go to Yahoo. For example, the Yahoo! Logo at the top of the page does not load. Other images on the page load, but some don't. When I right click on the images that do not load, there is an option to block images from us.a1.yimg.com. When I right click on the images that do load, there is an option to block images from us.i1.yimg.com. So the ones from a1 do not load, but the ones from i1 do load. First question is what is us.a1/i1.yimg.com? Second question, is there any way to fix this so all of the images can load properly? Thanks for any help.
    amer7862000 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2004, 06:52 AM
    Hi mate,
    I have the same issue with the Yahoo homepage image, did u by any chance resolve the problem?

Cheers
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2004, 07:08 AM
    I think they still have some details to iron out from the recent upgrade. I am finding them sort of flaky recently. I had trouble most of last week logging into my email. Also when I click on an email in My Yahoo, after logging in, it dumps me on that email home page instead of going directly to the email. I hate that page, because I see absolutely no use for it, and it is one more over done page that still takes too long to load even now I am on cable.

In the mean time, I see nothing new except RSS. I have not been able to make RSS work for AskMehelpdesk.

Dec 28, 2004, 11:54 AM
    Hi labman,
    I understand what you mean, but the thing I can't get to grips with is; when I use Yahoo at college, the homepage is perfect with all images present, but when I'm at home via broadband I experience some images on Yahoo missing... :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2004, 03:59 PM
    Interesting. Is it the same computer you bring home, same OS, plug ins, and all, with no more changes than maybe some of the connection controls?

By the way, you do know the ultra expert only means I have made lots of posts, mostly in dogs, electrical, and plumbing where I have a better idea what I am doing than in computers.
    eheger Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2004, 07:31 PM
    I still have not resolved this issue. I even called Yahoo but they could not help. They said that it must be something on my computer that is blocking those images. I haven't the slightest idea what it can be and nobody else seems to either. Please let me know if you find a solution as I will for you if I do. Thanks.

Dec 28, 2004, 07:59 PM
    Hi labman,
    To be frank with you, my uncles computer has the same problem as me along with the same OS, same browser version, same broadband connection BUT different users...
    Suffix: the computers @ college are all on win2k have all most the same applications as I do at home but a different internet connetion.. :confused: at first I thought it was to do with the cipher strength on IE, but that didn't resolve anything. :(
    Anyway...
    Referring to eheger post the image url of the yahoo.com logo begins with: http://us.a1/i1.yimg.com.../beta/y3.gif which in result generated an unknown image...

But as you replace the above image url with: http://us.i1/i1.yimg.com... /beta/y3.gif <-- in the URL if you replace 'a' with an 'i' then the image is displayed.

Hope it makes some sense.. :o

p.s. as for the plug-ins I'm using sun java which replace MS virtual machine.

Dec 28, 2004, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eheger
    I still have not resolved this issue. I even called Yahoo but they could not help. They said that it must be something on my computer that is blocking those images. I haven't the slightest idea what it can be and nobody else seems to either. Please let me know if you find a solution as I will for you if I do. Thanks.
    Will do mate... IF ONLY?? :(
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2004, 09:07 AM
    Yahoo images
    Hi,
    Are you using a Firewall? These will constantly ask you if you want to accept stuff.
    Also, at the top, at any website, click on Tools, then Internet Options.
    Then, click on the Security tab.
    Then, left click on the Internet icon.
    Look at your ActiveX settings. Do you allow them?
    Then, left click on the Restricted Site icon.
    Are these addresses in your Restricted listings?
    I have no problem with Yahoo, and any problems would be related to ActiveX settings, or a Firewall.
    Happy New Year,
    fredg
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Dec 29, 2004, 10:45 AM
    If that doesn't work, try clearing out your internet cache. Just in case. :)

Firefox (Linux):
    Edit->Preferencess->Privacy->Cache->Clear
    Firefox (windows):
    Tools->Options->Privacy->Cache->Clear
    IE:
    Tools->Internet Options->Temorary Internet Files->Delete Files

Okay, here is a screenshot of yahoo.com, as seen by me:
    http://img73.exs.cx/img73/5678/yahoo2pd.png

Tell me how it differs from yours...

~psi42

Dec 29, 2004, 04:44 PM
    http://amer7862000.kalkadoon.net/yahoo.jpg
    -This is a screen caption of Yahoo homepage without the header image...
    I did try the clearing of the temp files.. but was unfortunate :(

http://amer7862000.kalkadoon.net/img_properties.jpg
    - Second, screen caption is the properties dialog of which displays the image URL which is: [ http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/beta/y3.gif ]

Hope this helps mate :o
    winterland4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2005, 05:22 PM
    Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.
    jmping_jack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2005, 10:02 AM
    Yahoo images not loading...
    I think I found the problem... not sure how to fix it yet, but what I found was when I opened up Yahoo and didn't have Yahoo instant messenger started, I ran into the same problem. However, once I started messenger I didn't have any issues. Not sure what is causing this issue yet but I will continue to research.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see images on some websites [ 4 Answers ]

I get a cross instead of a picture or banner on some sites. Can anybody please advise. Thanks. Jim.

Images won't load PLEASE HELP! [ 7 Answers ]

Not all images on Yahoo.com, Cnet.com and other sites aren't loading? HAs anyone else had this problem. When I right-click the placeholder where the image should be it says the image is at i.i.com.com or us.a1.yimg.com and they won't load. Please help!

I can read but not see The Images, Please Help if you can! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everybody, Visiting the following site http://www.perezhilton.com/ I can read the paragraphs but could not see any pictures. So if sombody could please advise if I have to download additional software or plug-ins or simply adjust my browser 'Explorer'. I know that if there is a little box...

Improving Images to High Res [ 3 Answers ]

I've created an image in low resolution that I CANNOT recreate in high resolution. Even running through the same steps with the same program it comes out looking very different. I was wondering if anybody knew of a program that can take a low resolution JPG and convert it to a higher resolution. ...

No images [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem that I can't find help for. Can someone tell me why I have no images in some of my windows just white boxes with red x's in them? Thank you, J

View more questions Search