Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ltinhb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2004, 02:42 PM
    stucco continues to fall off
    On the North side of my house the stucco continues to fall off. I had the whole house restuccoed 4 year ago and since then I've had 4 different companies try to repair. The area is approx 12 x 15 where the stucco won't stick. There used to be a water softener on that side of the house where a 30 gallon of salt was kept in a rubber bucket. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. There aren't any visible water leaks. Does anybody know what I can do?
    tommytman Posts: 153, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2005, 03:23 PM
    Just a shot in the dark but if you live where temperatures drop below freezing be sure the stucco has a firm base on which it is applied. Also make sure it is sealed against moisture... rain snow etc. On the north side if water gets into the stucco and freezes it will knock it off the wall. Seems strange that 4 different people have had the same problem. Is it the whole wall or a portion of the wall? Do these guys that did the work have a warrantee?? If not next time pick someone that does to do the work.
    stuccoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2005, 03:19 PM
    Stuccoman
    What do you mean restuccoed? What part of the country do you live in?
    Thanks Carl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer continues to fill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a Kenmore Elite Catalyst, model# 110.20052994. About a week ago, it would not drain. I even tried pressing the drain button on the control panel, but it did not work. So, I drained the water by hand and tried to run through another small load cycle. Now, the washer continues to...

Scary fall :( [ 31 Answers ]

Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and...

Shower Leaks to Outside Stucco Wall [ 3 Answers ]

I have been reading the forums regarding leaky shower drain in a fiberglass enclosure and PVC drain pipe with much interest. My problem is that after a lengthy shower the stucco on the outside wall below my second floor shower gets damp and moisture appears to run out of an outside light...

Moidem continues to dial ot [ 1 Answers ]

>:( Why does my system keep trying to dial out after I log off the internet. I know this is simple but I juist cannot get it to quite doing this..

View more questions Search