Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2017, 04:08 PM
    Executor of will
    I was told that I am the executor along with my partner's son. Is that possible?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2017, 05:00 PM
    A joint executorship is possible, the testator has expressed their wish perhaps because the situation might be difficult if either were sole executor
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2017, 05:00 PM
    Who told you?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 13, 2017, 05:46 PM
    Heck, I named a whole bunch of executors after the first one, just for the convenience of getting helpers as needed, depending on who lives nearby when I die.
    There's no law about it.

Is this your partner's will? Not that it matters.
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2017, 07:30 PM
    Yes domestic
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2017, 12:20 PM
    In May 2017 you posted:
    1. My domestic partner left me her IRA. Her WILL says all other money goes
      To her son and grandkids.

Why are you asking these questions all over again when you had an answer before, at least that is what you posted? Have you never discussed this with said partner?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2017, 06:13 AM
    Anyone can be named executor of some ones will, and any one can be a beneficiary from that will. Wills can be changed at anytime. So sure the possibilities are endless, but subject to change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Executor not sure what to do! [ 1 Answers ]

I am the executor of my grandfathers estate. He has a poor condition mobile home that isn't worth anything. The problem is, the mobile home park still charges rent. My grandfather has an IRA that goes directly to a beneficiary and not the estate. There are no other finances to cover the rent,...

Executor should not do what [ 3 Answers ]

In probate since 10/13/11. Dad died 10/11/2011. Father died 10/11/11 without a will. Married to wife (4th wife) since 5/2007. He verbally told wife his wishes for his kids to have home and his personal property. Father purchased home 5/1984 and paid off 01/11. Had house full of furniture paid off...

Executor of Will [ 2 Answers ]

I understand from my previous question that if my step-father is unable to perform the duties as executor of my mother's will that I, as the successor, can. His niece is trying to change my power of attorney for my step-father to herself. If she does this, can she take care of the few minor...

Executor of will [ 3 Answers ]

My mother passed away last week. My step-father is the executor of the will and I am the executor if he dies. He is in the assisted living facility and has some dementia. I'm his power of attorney. Does this give the right to take over the executor job for him? What if is niece takes over the...

Executor not doing her job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am from Ohio my mother passed away in may of this year, my sister was appointed to be executor in her will, there are 5 of us and everything was left to the five of us, we tried to find out information from her and she would get angry, now she has changed her phone number and has no...

View more questions Search