Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jackie D Star Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Addicted to stealing and Tagging
    Yeah I'm addicted to stealing and taggin
    e.g.. Ill be walking down the street and ill put up my tag
    e.g.. Ill be walking in the supermarket and ill slip a chocolate bar up my sleeave...

What can I do to stop these habits! I fear I'm going to get caught and get in heaps of trouble but I just can't stop!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 21, 2008, 01:05 AM
    You WILL get caught, make no mistake! If you're a cleptomanic, then you need to go get help for that! You are passing on the price of this to the consumers, that can't afford to pay for your free stuff. Think of that next time you want to steal. Think of a single mother that can barely make it by, but is upholding the law while her baby goes hungry, while you and others are out there wanting a free ride. Prices go up, and it costs the rest of us! So think of the little baby that you may be taking the food from his mouth. If that alone doesn't make you stop, then I don't know what would!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Hello D:

People aren't addicted to stealing. They just think THEY'RE entitled to the property instead of the owner.

Maybe when a store owner hits you over the head with a baseball bat, that might stop you... Or maybe when they catch you and put you in the cell with Bubba, and he takes a little pleasure out of your rear end, that might stop you... Or maybe you want Bubba. I don't know. Could be.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Yes, you merely want to do these things and perfer to consider your own desires over the rights of others. It is a matter of having concern over others and just not doing it.

Jun 21, 2008, 10:31 PM
    But $2- from 2milliono dollars from supermarkets is like a molecule.. I know its wrong but its not making any diffrences, I don't steal from local shops and I only tag on government buildings, I used to be a good kid then I met up with some kids, it changed my life they're awesome but they're ruining my childhood :(
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 21, 2008, 11:07 PM
    You can choose not to hang out with these so-called friends! True "friends" want the best for you, and want you to succeed in life, they don't want to drag you down and introduce you to a life of crime. And, you call these kids your friends? You have control of your own destiny my dear.

This is a no brainer my dear! Stop doing what you're doing. Stop hangin with the crowd you are hangin with, and do good things for people, instead of bad. Kindness will be re-payed 10 fold, ignorance and crime will bite you in the A$$, and you WILL wind up behind bars eventually.

You don't get the point here! It doesn't matter if it's $2, or $2 million, it is still theft, and the places you steal from, need to have insurance against shoplifters. The cost of this insurance is then passed on to the consumer... simple! It's the same with tagging! It doesn't matter if it's a gov't building, or your neighborhood store! It is still taken out of our pockets in the form of taxes, to clean up your mess, so we, and our children can live in a clean community! So do you understand now?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 21, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie D Star
    But $2- from 2milliono dollars from supermarkets is like a molecule..! I know its wrong but its not making any diffrences, i dont steal from local shops and i only tag on government buildings, i used to be a good kid then i met up with some kids, it changed my life theyre awesome but theyre ruining my childhood :(
    So you asked your question why? Were you waiting for someone to tell you that they thought it was perfectly fine to do what you were doing? Find a hobby... other than tagging and theiving!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 22, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Also Jackie D, I realise that you are just trying to fit in, and impress your friends. You are 12 yrs old, and you don't want to go into your teen yrs being a convicted criminal honey. There are so many other things ahead of you. You don't have to prove yourself, by stealing and tagging to make friends. Stay away from the group of friends that are doing this. I have a step son that has gotten into major trouble, because of the group of kids he was hangin with. He is now facing a prison sentence, and he is scared. He knew better, but didn't listen when I told him he was going to land in a jail cell with Bubba as a cell mate! Sorry doesn't cut it when you are sitting face to face with a judge.

Jun 27, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Your right, I should stop hanging with these people, todayh I was walking down the street and my mate got a punch in the back of the head, me and 2 other friends turned around to see 5 shifty looking 15 yr olds, one of my friends who does boxing dropped 1 and we ran for it, things are getting to risky and I don't think I can't leave this group.. :O

And just yesterday a "friend" offered me a pill ;l
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 27, 2008, 01:06 AM
    Don't take anything that anybody gives you. You never know what it could be, or how you will react if you take it. Don't get involved in drugs or alcohol just to fit in. That is exactly what my stepson did, and eventually got into a gang. He is living in the UK, and I just talked to him yesterday, and because of the gang he was hanging with, and because of a girl, he just heard from his lawyer that he might get 5 yrs in prison. It will affect the rest of his life!

He will be limited with jobs he applys for when he gets out, people will not trust him, his group of friends will have moved on to different things, and he will find it hard to fit back in to society. Try to look ahead of the consequences of things that could happen, like your encounter with the group of 15 yr olds. Someone could have gotten seriously injured, or even killed! That is not so far fetched. There are all sorts of repercussions that you may face if you keep hanging out with the same group, and keep tagging and stealing, honey!

Jun 27, 2008, 10:04 PM
    But it would be so hard to say bye. :(
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 27, 2008, 10:25 PM
    I understand it would be, but you need to think about yourself and your life! You can't just run with the crowd and let them decide you're your future. You are in control of your own future, not them. You can probably even help them by telling them that you are going to back away, not because you don't like them, care about them, but because you want a better life for yourself.

Tell them that your Mom or Dad forbid you to hang out with them... whatever you need to tell them. They are probably just going with the crowd too. BUT, you can be the bigger man, and they might just even follow your lead, in doing the same. You might not even have to give them up entirely! Just let them know that you are not going to put your life or well being in jeopardy anymore, just to be part of the group.

This doesn't necessarily mean that you have to lose entire contact with them, just that you care enough about yourself, and your personal safety, to walk away from something that could affect your entire future.

Jun 27, 2008, 10:42 PM
    But I'm not stealing or tagging to be part of the group.. Ive had a bad childhood and my friend got me onto heavy metal music, mettallica, pantera, megadeth, trivium, and stuff like that ;O it kindsa soothes it and the greatest thrill I get is poppin up dARe on a wall and listening to "Walk" - Pantera..
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 27, 2008, 10:57 PM
    I'm sorry that you've had a bad childhood. Why do you get such a thrill out of taggin "daRe" on other peoples' property? What is your payoff, other than a thrill? I might understand if you were tagging to be artistic, or to get a certain message across, but why daRe? Are you trying to antagonize others? or just doing it for the thrill of getting away with it? You sound very angry.

I have never heard "Walk" by Pantera. I know a few Megadeath, Pantera, and Mettalica songs (Trivium I don't know), and if you like Metal, that's fine. But you can listen to that without destroying other people's property, and making them pay for your thrill.

Why don't you get into art or something, while listening to the music you like, and do it on canvas, or on paper, instead of just a word that doesn't mean much?! What are you daring someone to do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Anybody can make excuses and be in denial for what they do.
    I am not stealing I really needed a comb.
    I am not lying I am just trying to not hurt your feelings.
    I am not defacing property I am just tagging.

You need to face up to what you are really doing and the consequences.
    In my city some of the graffiti artists have made a REAL profession out of it.
    Try going to your city/municipal building with some sketches and some ideas on painting murals. Then if they like your idea and approve it you could paint legit murals.

My daughter helped paint this one.
    Attached Images

Jun 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
    I am doing a piece (BIG Colourful One) at the local skatepark, which the council has give me permission to ;D
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Good for you that is great!! :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 28, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie D Star
    I am doing a piece (BIG Colourful One) at the local skatepark, which the council has give me permission to ;D
    There you go hun! Use your God given talents for something good! I bet you will do a great job! :D

Jun 28, 2008, 07:16 PM
    I hope so 2 ;D
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 07:18 PM
    My city has been doing a lot of murals.
    I think they are still working on the East busway

MLK Jr. East Busway Community Mural Project Home Page

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stealing $20 at my last day of my job [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys I am just wondering about if I will get a criminal record if I steal 20 dollars in ESSO on the last day of the job, My boss saw it on a video tape and he have proof that I stole that much. But the problem is that I am very pissed off because they are not giving me my last paycheck and my...

Lying and stealing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old son that constantly lies and steals from his parents. We have tried many ways to stop this behavior but he just continues. Is there and help for this type of problem? There has been two occasions where he stayed over at someone's house and items got missing and we believe...

Stealing [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 21 she was a good kid I have found out she has been stealing money from my sister she is not on drugs and knows she can ask me for money and I never turn her down she has been lying about a lot of things and I don't know what to do I told her to leave my house and she has...

Stealing [ 3 Answers ]

Does the on-site manager of an apartment complex have the legal right to move my property without giving notice that the property is in the way of other tenants? Can they legally CUT A LOCK to move a bicycle when I was never notified that such action would be taking place? I am the one with the...

Stealing from home [ 4 Answers ]

Recently, my sister started stealingfrom home all the time. It saddens me to see her like this :'(, and my parents are depressed too... we do not know what to do... we've lost digital camera(S), mobilephones(s), videoplayer, wallets, and so much money that now we are really struggling... we tried...

View more questions Search