Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ysotelo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2005, 10:21 AM
    Pregancy
    My period is very irregular can I still come out pregnant even though the only way I get my period is by drinking birth control pills
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Dec 1, 2005, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ysotelo
    my period is very irregular can i still come out pregant even though the only way i get my period is by drinking birth control pills
    One very common problem of women with irregular peroids is that they cannot keep track of their last menstruation period so pinpointing where conception or pregnancy started is quite difficult. I think with your case, you are having hormone imbalance. The "pill" contains progesterone & estrogen which are both vital to making your uterus ready for pregnancy. When the pills are stopped & there is withdrawal of these hormones, menstruation or withdrawal bleeding can occur(for those on the pill). I would suggest you visit your gynecologist about your situation so she can run tests.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 2, 2005, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ysotelo
    my period is very irregular can i still come out pregant even though the only way i get my period is by drinking birth control pills
    Hi. Welcome to the forum.
    First and foremost, when in doubt - Always see your doctor.
    Second, Take a EPT or HPT, even though they might be negative does not mean your not.
    Check out the following sites, they will help you through this a little more to reassure if you might be.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise, dangers, etc.
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/getting-pregnant.html suggested by fredg and also very good information.

http://www.babyfit.com **This one is free to join and has it's own forum. Also covers other questions you might have, diet, exercise, medication and clinical procedures. etc.
    Anyone taking the pill for regulating menses usually has a hormone problem to begin with, so the best is to see your doctor, get off the pill and follow an 'ovulation calendar' which is also available on these sites, if not, get back with us. Good luck, and keep us posted.
    P.S. We all do this on our free time and really appreciate feedback if our answers/advice helped or not, please click the Rate This Post link located on the blue date line above our names on the right side, next to the number of the post, click on Approve or Disapprove, and give a comment. Thanks!
    audis4lover05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2005, 10:26 PM
    I am having the same problem.The only way to make my period come is to take Birth Control pills.However, how am I ever going to get pregnant if I'm taking them?
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Dec 19, 2005, 08:18 AM
    Because every woman's body is different you definitely should see a doctor. It sounds like your horomones are a little out of whack. Doesn't sound like anything serious, but go see a doctor they can set your mind at ease.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 19, 2005, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4lover05
    I am having the exact same problem.The only way to make my period come is to take Birth Control pills.However, how am I ever going to get pregnant if I'm taking them?
    You know when we watch those talkshows and hear the excuses young girls give when asked if they took the pill and still got pregnant - how that was possible. Well, one of the excuses is that they 'forgot to take one' once - maybe that might give you an idea. At any rate, when in doubt, talk to your doctor, maybe it's time to change pills or stop then - your cycle might suddenly have started working right without the pill's help and you don't need them anymore. It won't hurt to have a hormone level test done and stop the pill for a month. Good luck dear.

Happy holidays!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2005, 07:06 AM
    Try this link from Myth on Conceiving...
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=16220

Myth has posted a thread to those who have problems conceiving, and in this post of her's are two great links to look at, so check them out.

Good Luck to all and Happy Holidays!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregancy dilema [ 13 Answers ]

All right ladies here's a good one... had my period about the beginning of July.. around the 12th or so... me and the man have done it many time since then.. (raw dog)started feeling nauseous at night hungry all the time.. you know the classic pregnancy symptoms so I thought for sure that I was......

View more questions Search