Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaulC Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Cracking Pavers
    I just installed a brick paver walkway and the prep is 10" of compacted 3/4" gravel compacted every 3" and then I take two 1-1/4" pipes for level and level the stone dust lay the pavers and then use the compactor over that and the pavers I bought from Lowe's are cracking as I vibrate them down.

Anyone out there with more experience at unilock is it the crap brick pavers from Lowe's that's the problem?

Thanks anyone.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 05:31 PM
    I've not done much paver setting. I've just laid them out. It works where I live, but I've never even heard of compacting the pavers once their down. I've always heard to set them on the tamped sand base and fill in around and between. If you get back with the people at Lowe's, they would probably be more than happy to help. Good luck!
    PaulC Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    I've not done much paver setting. I've just laid them out. It works where I live, but I've never even heard of compacting the pavers once their down. I've always heard to set them on the tamped sand base and fill in around and between. If you get back with the people at Lowes, they would probably be more than happy to help. Good luck!
    Thanks Rich

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sealing driveway brick pavers [ 2 Answers ]

Any suggestions on how to seal driveay brick pavers and which sealer product worked well for you? Thanks, Dan

Paint cracking [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all - Can anyone tell me why the paint in a newly painted room (two to three coats applied within a day and a half) appears to be cracking. (I don't know if spackle was applied to these areas first). Thanks for any insight.

Help, my new bathtub is cracking! [ 15 Answers ]

We had our bathroom remodeled in April of this year. A Sterling Acclaim 71091110-0 was installed by our contractor. Right after it was installed, we informed him that it was making loud popping noises when you stepped in it. Our contractor said it would go away. Well, it didn't and now it creeks...

New home cracking! [ 4 Answers ]

Im not sure if this is the right place fore this post... but here goes. We bought this house in September. It was a new home built on an existing foundation (old home burned down). Now normally I have been told of the "settling" that's to occur, But should everyjoint in the home be literally...

Laying pavers [ 1 Answers ]

How do I figure how much sand I need to cover 72 square feet of space with 2 inches of sand?

View more questions Search