Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeyjey14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Finding the name of an old horse movie
    I am having trouble remembering the name of my favorite childhood movie. It is a horse movie about a girl whose mother died on a horse and so her father forbids her to ride them. She gets caught riding them and so the father sends her to boarding school. She goes to boarding school but always misses her love of horses. After she graduates she gets a job at a horse race farm. She isn't a jockey but just works there. One of the male workers is fairly mean to her. There is also an old dog in the movie that the male worker is mean to. The girl falls in love with a particular horse and at the end her father buys her the horse and she becomes a jumper. This movie is not Virginia's Run. It is an older move 1970 to 1980 not really sure. Not based in the united states. Possibly from England. It is really bothering me because I can even remember certain scenes and music. One scene is where a horse is being particularly high strung the girl gets on and calms the horse. Cheesy piano music is played. The girl also goes the neighbors in the beginning and looks at their horses. The neighbor boy and her ride a horse and that is when the father gets mad. I believe she goes to the neighbors to see a new born foal. I have been trying to find the name of this movie forever!
    crowman Posts: 67, Reputation: 24

Apr 23, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Hey there,
    Try Blue Fire Lady IMDb page.

Hope it helps,

-b-
    gogosean Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

May 7, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Hi, my wife is in to horse movies. She thinks you may be talking about a series from Australia. She is looking for it right now. IF we have any luck we will get back with you.
    gogosean Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

May 7, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeyjey14
    I am having trouble remembering the name of my favorite childhood movie. It is a horse movie about a girl whose mother died on a horse and so her father forbids her to ride them. She gets caught riding them and so the father sends her to boarding school. She goes to boarding school but always misses her love of horses. After she graduates she gets a job at a horse race farm. She isn't a jockey but just works there. One of the male workers is fairly mean to her. There is also an old dog in the movie that the male worker is mean to. The girl falls in love with a particular horse and at the end her father buys her the horse and she becomes a jumper. This movie is not Virginia's Run. It is an older move 1970 to 1980 not really sure. Not based in the united states. Possibly from England. It is really bothering me because I can even remember certain scenes and music. One scene is where a horse is being particularly high strung the girl gets on and calms the horse. Cheesy piano music is played. The girl also goes the neighbors in the beginning and looks at their horses. The neighbor boy and her ride a horse and that is when the father gets mad. I believe she goes to the neighbors to see a new born foal. I have been trying to find the name of this movie forever!!
    Danny , 1977 Either Australian or Canadian.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding name of movie [ 4 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie about a small indian boy that was given a yellow coloured horse, but the horse had a wounded front leg, I remember the boy took the horse to a sacred water hole and healed the horse. The movie was made in the 1980's I think. I would really appreciate if you could find...

Need help finding a name 4 this movie [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I really really need help finding a name for this movie that I'm looking 4 I'm going 2 describe it the best I can because I only remember bits and pieces. The movie is a lot a like who framed roger rabbit.. it has cartoon characters and human characters.. like in the movie if you're...

Finding the name of a movie [ 1 Answers ]

Im lookind for the name of ahorror or suspense movie that was being promoted about a year ago. All I know is that there is a well known actress in it that is in her late twenties early thirties. In her interview she was saying that they found a real dead body in the lake or pond during filming of...

Finding the name of a movie [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking for the name of a horror or suspense movie that was being promoted about a year ago. All I know is that there is a well known actress in it that is in her late twenties early thirties. In her interview she was saying that they found a real dead body in the lake or pond during filming of...

I need help finding this movie [ 2 Answers ]

OK hear we go this movie is science fiction and should have been made in either the 70's or 80's(not sure). It's about a group of young kids who some how make their own space ship using random junk parts. They end up getting the ship to fly to outerspace, where the meat these cool aliens( large...

View more questions Search