Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jro4786 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Relationship breakup
    My boyfriend of almost 5 years just broke up with me.. without any explanation... how am I supposed to get over him or get him back if at all possible?? Please help I love him more than anything in this world!!
    user812 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 10, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Just give it some time - things will become more clear.
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Mar 11, 2007, 01:23 AM
    You need to give more information for that to move forward... but either way no contact will give you both options

The thing you need to focus on is to understand that he broke up with you and he is missing out on everything you have to offer. Have fun and enjoy life and being single. There are more important things than a guy who can just break up with you after 5 years and no explanation. You don't want to go back to that but if you do either way you need to show him that you don't need him in your life to be happy. He will come crawling back and you will either figure out you are much better than he deserves or let him slowly re-enter your life. You need no contact for awhile, no texts, ims or calls none for awhile. Don't answer his stuff either. It will work trust me
    guitargal Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2007, 01:35 AM
    He's going to come back... my ex of 5 years (we broke up a year ago) did the same thing. He got in touch with me and cleared it up (and boy was it messy). Chin up girl!
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 11:35 AM
    I don't think you should count on him coming back and you must prepare yourself for the worst. He may never come back. You need to do this to allow yourself to prepare for the inevitable healing process. I find it strange that he offered absolutely no explanation after 5 years together and to me it seems that no closure has really been obtained here. You just don't do that to someone.

I don't want to fill your mind with negatives because I know how you are feeling but hoping that he will come back is not going to help you in the slightest. It will debilitate your healing but actually this is quite normal in the early stages and is part of what we call Denial. There is nothing wrong with what you are thinking and feeling and for the time being, I would suggest that you ride these emotions through until you are comfortable to begin to face the reality of the situation. I speak from relatively recent experience, my ex broke up with me 6 months ago after 3 years together and it broke my heart, it really did and I felt much like you. It took time and I still say this now and again here at AMHD, I still have my passing thoughts and memories and that is o.k. but I have accepted the reality and given up on false hope. It all took time and lots of grieving for me, trust me, allow yourself a good 6 months, perhaps even up to a year to fully get through it. Everyone is different and this is no race.

I can't honestly say if your ex will come back and I don't believe anyone can. It really depends on why he left in the first place. He never gave you any real explanation which I find quite strange and also very inconsiderate, 5 years is a long time to be involved with someone in a relationship. You need to cut all contact and I mean all contact and get busy by keeping yourself occupied. Lean on your friends and family for a few months and try your best to enjoy being single. This does not mean you need to rush out and date and to be honest, that would just result in a possible rebound anyway. I mean enjoy your freedom without him. Like I said, you need to prepare yourself for the inevitable possibility that he may not be coming back no matter what you do. Take Care and I hope that whatever happens, you see that light at the end of the tunnel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup [ 18 Answers ]

Heh everyone I just broke up with my ex about a month ago... we just needed some time apart.. so now that I am trying to reconcile things I find out that he is messin with another girl... not his girlfriend but someone he is talking to.. he says that I left him so it will be on his terms when we...

Relationship Breakup Help [ 123 Answers ]

Hi, Just need a little advice please... My relationship with my fiancé has ended after 3 years a couple of months ago. I will start from the beginning. I met her when I was 23, she was 17, I did not know if it would work to start with as she wanted to finish it after 4 weeks of dating. She...

Pregancy and a breakup [ 5 Answers ]

After almost 2 years my boyfriend recently broke up with and today I found out I'm pregnant. I don't want to do this alone I want us to be together and I don't know what to do. I'm keeping the baby. But I'm so scared.

OBSESSED he was with someone during breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Last summer after me and my boyfriend broke up during a big stupid drunken fight. We were broken up for 3 weeks and even though I had plenty of opportunities to date others, I never did because I pretty much figured we would get back together and I felt like it would be cheating even though we were...

Breakup... and then she comes back. [ 7 Answers ]

This is just a theoretical question. Imagine a girl wanting to break up, and after a few weeks she comes back, wanting to get back together. How do you react in such a situation? This topic didn't get much attention here. Of course, you do not answer her calls right away, and so on... but...

View more questions Search