Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweed1e Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 05:55 AM
    Dvd drive won't read blank discs
    Hi there, hope someone can help, I'm having problems with my drive, it won't read blank dvd-r/rw's, It's fine when it comes to regular discs with data on them, it just keeps telling me to insert a blank disc even though there's one in there. The number of the disc drive is WDC-WD400BB-00DEA0 (IF ITS ANY HELP) I was wondering if there was any updates I could use?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 10:05 PM
    This is a common isssue lately, try this works most of the time and won't hurt or inder anything

Go to start then run -
    Type regedit in the run box
    Click on edit and then click on find
    In box, type lowerfilters
    If lowerfilters is found, right click on it and choose delete then yes
    Do the same for upperfilters
    Close regedit, reboot and try cd again
    RJPrec35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 08:59 AM
    n box, type lowerfilters
    If lowerfilters is found, right click on it and choose delete then yes
    Do the same for upperfilters
    Close regedit, reboot and try cd again
    I have the same problem but it won't let me delete lower and upperfilters. It just keeps saying "unable to delete all specified values".

What do I do now?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Try and make shortcut to desktop with regedit.exe and then right click on it and Run as Admin if you are using Vista or Win7 and try same process again - if does not work please post back with any details and if using XP, please post that also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD ROM and DVD RW drives won't read any discs. [ 18 Answers ]

I've tried a few discs in both drives and neither of the drives can read them. It's like there's nothing in the drives. :confused:. I think it might be a problem to do with some software I had installed 'Sonic software'. I have now removed this but the CD drives still have an exclamation mark next...

DVD drive will not read a DVD-R 8x disk [ 2 Answers ]

My DVD will not read a DVD-R 8x data disk. I have installed software from this drive - this morning and read other CDs from the drive. The computer is recognizing the drive and when I click on the drive to display the contents, nothing comes up. Other people can read the disk on there computers....

Drive won't read blank cd's [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, is there anyone out there that can help me? All of a sudden my drive won't recognize blank cd's when inserted. I try to burn music cd's and put a blank disc in but it keeps saying "no disc inserted". I am running Windows XP, the computer is about a year and a half old. Don't know...

DVD/CD Drive won't read ANYTHING now [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: HELP?! I have a brand new HP Media Center PC with VISTA that I LOVE and have had no problems in the past 5 months Iv'e owned it. Iv'e been burning everything on it like music, data, dvds, etc. without any snags at all. Today when I insert ANY type of disk, the drive closes and the LED...

View more questions Search