Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Rupert Murdoch Says Obama Will Win
    D6: Rupert Murdoch for Obama? Not Quite…. But - GigaOM

At the "All Things Digital" conference sponsored by the Wall Street Journal. Rupert Murdoch -- Chairman of News Corp, new WSJ owner, and longtime torchbearer for conservative politics -- said this about Barack Obama: "He is a rock star. I love what he is saying about education. I think he will win and I am anxious to meet him."

When the conversation turned to politics things got really interesting. Mr. Murdoch can hardly be accused of being a democrat or a liberal, but he viewed Barack Obama positively and wanted to meet Obama. “I want to know if he’s going to walk the walk,” comparing him to rock star. He didn’t quite endorse Barack, but he said Senator John McCain, the Republican candidate for US president has problems and challenges.
    Has anyone seen Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter lately? Are their eyes spinning around in their sockets? Are we going to be able to watch their heads explode on live T.V.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 11:24 AM
    All that proves is that anyone can be an idiot, even a so called conservative.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Maybe he will sign Obama up for next season's American Idol .

Maybe Murdoch should turn on Fox News occasionally.

He is NOT a conservative except by European standards perhaps.

Before this he was hosting campaign fund raisers for Evita. He plays the hot hand.
    This is called hedging your bets.
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    All that proves is that anyone can be an idiot, even a so called conservative.
    He owns Fox News.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Gee NK, seems it's getting harder and harder to validate your oft-shared opinion of Fox News. Murdoch is an opportunist, that's probably why he's a bazillionaire
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 01:31 PM
    And the bazillionaire likes Obama - he must see something favorable to the economy in Mr. Obama.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    And the bazillionaire likes Obama - he must see something favorable to the economy in Mr. Obama.
    Maybe, but like tom said he's just playing the hot hand.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

May 29, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing NK. I've been so busy lately I hadn't heard this news. Obama, short of the Clinton's trying to pull a stunt in the next few weeks or at the convention, has fairly locked up the nomination. Murdock knows this and in spite of Hannity and Coulter being news commentators with challeging conservative views, they also know that Obama's the favorite here. Hannity and Colmes (the Democrat) play off each other and do the good cop and bad cop gig to perfection. Great entertainment, my hats off to Murdock. Just entertainment.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 05:06 AM
    You are right about Hannity and Colmes . They are perfect together. Alan Colmes was a long time NYC talk radio host doing the drive time slot for years . Now he does a gig at Air-head America along with the daily show with Hannity . The good cop/bad cop routine works well intheir show because the producers do an excellent job cutting the other one off when their time is up each segment . Even if it is in mid sentence the other host gets equal time.

They also have tapped into the crowd that grew up watching shows like Crossfire . The guest know that they will have to face the fire at least sometime during their segment .There can be no denying that at least their program is "fair and balanced ".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Didn't Obama Tell Us This Before? [ 11 Answers ]

Now, this news article IS truly revealing and speaks volumes about Obama! Obamaites, here, take a good look at your superhero and read all about it! Why hadn't Obama revealed this little gem of a conversation he had with Wright, umm? Why did Wright bring it out finally at this time? What do you...

More on Obama and his shortcomings [ 12 Answers ]

People are Talking! Land of Da Free: Barack Obama: Unashamedly Exploitative and Unapologetically Wrong

About Obama - Interesting! [ 1 Answers ]

Flip-flopping along! Political Radar: Obama's Bracket: The Politics of Nope

So what has Obama done ? [ 49 Answers ]

A new bill that is co-sponsored by Barak Obama and Democrat Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez will increase foreign aid by the United States to a level that the UN dictates . Sugar coating it with a name no one could object to...

Rupert Sheldrake [ 2 Answers ]

What do you know about Rupert Sheldrake, www.sheldrake.org ? I am reading his Dogs that Know When Their Owners are Coming Home, Library of Congress SF412.5.S48. I am very skeptical about this, but am trying to keep an open mind. If nothing else, how bad can it be to read about a bunch of dogs...

View more questions Search