Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Dark blonde/light brown to dark brown hair
    Hey! My hair color is dark blond or a really light brown.. I-m not sure and I want to dye it dark brown? Is it safe? Or will I be getting a reddish color after a few washes? My natural hair is light brown but I dyed it.. a medium chocolate the stylist said but it really turned out to be a blondish brown or smth. Then I dyed it myself with a semipermanent medium brown but it lasted 3 or 4 washes top and now it-s back to that blondish brown.. I really want to go darker with it
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 9, 2008, 02:41 PM
    If you want to go darker and want it to last, why not try a quasi/demi permanent colour. They last approx 26 washes(depending on your hairs porosity)! It will last longer than a semi.
    Or if you are looking for something more permanent then go for a permanent colour.

Also, you might need to put on a red semi/temporary, and then the dark colour on top. The red will tone any green casts (which appear when going from light to dark).
    allygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic
    If you want to go darker and want it to last, why not try a quasi/demi permanent colour. They last approx 26 washes(depending on your hairs porosity)! It will last longer than a semi.
    Or if you are looking for something more permanent then go for a permanent colour.

Also, you might need to put on a red semi/temporary, and then the dark colour on top. The red will tone any green casts (which appear when going from light to dark).

Thanks for the answer..
    Well that's what I did last time.. I didn't explain myself right in the first post. I used a demi permanent one. It said that it would last up to 28 washes.. and well it really didn't.
    I-m not sure about the red/semi color.. because I-m not very good at this. I only died my hair twice so I'm new in the area. I-ll probably just apply the dye as it is.. on the box it says that it should work on light brown hair.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 9, 2008, 04:13 PM
    It might not have took to your hair. Your hair may be resistant?
    If you apply the colour onto the light brown hair, it may form a green cast. Putting the red on first would neutralise the green. This is what hairdressers do to avoid an unwanted green looking cast. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying my dark brown hair light brown. [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like some advice on dying my dark brown hair light brown. I dyed it myself few years ago a light ash brown and it turned red :eek: After that I had my hair stylist put blonde high lights in it to cover gray. Now that the highlights aren't covering the gray, I'd like to dye my hair light brown....

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

From Dark Blonde to Dark Brown back to Light Brown [ 1 Answers ]

I recently lightened my already color-treated brown hair to a dark blonde color. I decided it looked unnatural and decided to dye it back brown. I picked up a light brown dye from the local beauty supply store and it came out way darker than I wanted or expected with a hint of green, and now I...

Trying to get my hair from a not to dark brown to a very light blonde [ 2 Answers ]

I tried bleaching my hair from not to dark of a brown to a bright blonde (comparable to eminem, if that gives anyone a good picture of what I want). After bleaching and rebleaching the sides and back turned out to be about the blonde I wanted, but the top of my head is definitely orange. Any advice...

View more questions Search