Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babee_gurl Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 12:01 PM
    I don't understand
    What the big deal if someone is happy not dating, but everyone thinks its retarded that I'm okay with being single, but it gets kind of boring seeing everyone else with a boyfriend or girlfriend, walking down the halls or streets holding hands. Man now I'm wishing I did, but that's the way life is.

!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!
    !! PLEASE!!
    :(
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 12:02 PM
    It is not a big deal if someone is happy not dating. Who cares what anybody else thinks. What is important is what makes you happy and that is all that matters.

Joe
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

May 1, 2007, 12:02 PM
    I think that you are a very strong person to be okay with being single. I know that it gets hard when you see other couples... but just remember that you too will have your day when you find someone. If you go out looking for it then it will will not work, but if you let it find you then it will work.
    ceriphante Posts: 95, Reputation: 22

May 1, 2007, 02:58 PM
    You know what.. I'd rather be single and happy than taken with headaches lol
    Yeah OK so there's loneliness that can really mess with you sometimes but, mm its still better to first know yourself and then actually find someone that is right for you when the time is right, I know it sounds cliché and like an adage or old fashioned but hey there were some words of wisdom in the years of our predecessors ;)

Keep smilin' and enjoy being single because much as we might think it, it can't last forever.
    intendedsighs Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

May 1, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Hun, when I was younger, for the longest time, all I wanted was a boyfriend, and all I got from it was a broken heart. Being single is great because you get to do whatever you want, not have to keep in touch with that certain person, and not have to worry about cheating in any way like flirting or kissing or whatnot. I LOVED being single. In fact, I was so happy being single, that when I met my fiance, I didnt give him a second glance. Course, then he had to go and make me fall in love with him, but by then I was ready for the relationship, and now I can't wait for July when we get married.

Be happy being single, those are great years of your life. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Just be yourself and someone will notice you. Make sure he's cool, as there are a lot of game players out there, so don't fall for just anyone. Be selective or stay single.

May 2, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Yah I am happy being singal but its just so hard because you just see everyone else together. I mean all of my friends have boyfriends and every thing but it just gets so lonely.

May 2, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babee_gurl
    yah i am happy being singal but its just so hard because you just see everyone else together. i mean all of my friends have boyfriends and every thing but it just gets so lonely.
    Believe me I hear you on that one.
    And I haven't come up with a solution for it other than to keep yourself busy with other things eh :(

May 3, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Well I still don't know what to do, and you are giving me great advice. I just don't know.

May 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Well.. try things you haven't tried yet like... I don't know become a master at iceskating or start playing world of warcraft or learn how to cook something or make some kind of new drink or lol anything just keep your mind busy and off loneliness and hang with your friends a lot that kind of helps but that's allllll I ever find helps displace the loneliness is to keep busy. Ha

Lame solution eh?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Joining a club or attending school functions is a great way to see people and be seen.

May 4, 2007, 11:36 AM
    If I hang out with my friends all they ever do is talk about guys. And their boyfriends, I mean that what friends do and all but, its like it just makes me even more lonely then ever.

May 4, 2007, 11:45 AM
    if i hang out with my friends all they ever do is talk about guys. and their boyfriends, i mean that what friends do and all but, its like it just makes me even more lonely then ever.
    World of Warcraft Community Site
    You will not be lonely there lol
    If u want to quest with me roll either horde or alliance in the khaz modan server
    How's that? :P~

May 4, 2007, 11:48 AM
    When ever I hang out with my friends all they do is talk about their relationships, and its just so hard to fit in with them like that, because I don't have a boyfriend. I just wish I had one, but on the other hand I I like to be singal but then I don't.

May 4, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Joining a club or attending school functions is a great way to see people and be seen.
    I don't like going to school functions except for football and basketball, and that season is over.:(

May 4, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceriphante
    World of Warcraft Community Site
    you will not be lonely there lol
    if u want to quest with me roll either horde or alliance in the khaz modan server
    hows that? :P~
    I have a question for you how do you no so much, I mean about relationships. Every time I try talking to some one about it they get all tongue tied. :confused:

May 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
    i have a question for you how do you no so much, i mean about relationships. every time i try talking to some one about it they get all tongue tied. :confused:
    I'm not 100% sure if this question was directed at me specifically but I'll answer it as if it was. :)

Well maybe in person you're like ultra hot they are like omg this beautiful girl wants to be with me *tongue tied* or something hey? :p who knows...

All I can say as far as any of my own personal knowledge in my time I've had lots of relationships backfire, not work, work for a while then implode, gal that cheated, I've faced countless rejections, rejected a number of girls too, but ultimately the thing that made the biggest impact was missing an opportunity way way back in high school when I found out way too late (ie when she had a b/f) that a gal I liked but didn't have the courage at the time to talk to liked me back.

From that moment on I began to live life with the goal of not missing the opportunities in life and to try to only ever have regrets about things I did i.e. think hmm will I regret NOT talking to this gal I think is cute... hey maybe I will therefore I MUST talk to her, and then did so lol

That led to the where I am today and I'm 28 now strange as it might sound I'm happier than I've ever been and I'm single lol, and I'm trying to stay single and just have good friends in my life it is so much less complicated, actually more to the point I will find someone nice and eventually settle into a profoundly fulfilling and romantic relationship with them, I just want to make sure I don't get rushed into things with the wrong kind of person ever again either ha..

As for loneliness I just found online gaming with mmorpgs usually needs lots of time and energy and being lonely seems to vanish if your busy so.. mmorpgs seem to be a good way to combat loneliness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't understand him. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Maybe I can get some insight here. I am a 28 year old dating a 32 (divorced of 3 years) man who has a 8 year old daughter. We have been dating for about 7 months. Became serious in the last 3 months. Back in February we decided we were ready to take the next step and move in with each other....

I don't understand her. [ 10 Answers ]

I'am staying with my sister in law because her parents died, she is 19 she does not listen To me or her brother, my husband. She is dating people who are married ,she is the biggest liar I have ever met, she buys the clothes that I;m buying, she changes her hairstyle as same as mine. Sometimes she...

I don't understand her [ 6 Answers ]

:( I don't understand why she does this to me every time I think she is telling the truth there is always a lie behind it and I don't understand why she does this because ill brake up with her then go out with someone else and then she says I love you and I want you but then when I go back to her...

I don't understand [ 3 Answers ]

About 8 months ago I met someone that I became very interested in. This person also showed interest,I met him at my church. He is on a church mission right now in my town ,he can not date or get involved right now. He will be done with his mission in about 10 more months and he told me he hopes I...

View more questions Search