Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ted52101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Pennsylvania Upset Tax Sale Question
    I'm looking to purchase an unoccupied mobile home at a Pennsylvania Upset Tax sale next month. The property has a pop-up camper parked in the yard and furnishings inside the house.

What is my legal responsibility with these personal items? Do I own them if I win the property at auction? Am I required to store them for some period for the previous owner to come retrieve them?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted52101 View Post
    I'm looking to purchase an unoccupied mobile home at a Pennsylvania Upset Tax sale next month. The property has a pop-up camper parked in the yard and furnishings inside the house.

What is my legal responsibility with these personal items? Do I own them if I win the property at auction? Am I required to store them for some period of time for the previous owner to come retrieve them?

How is it advertised? Did the "Tax people" notify the owners?

Aug 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Xx

Aug 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    How is it advertised? Did the "Tax people" notify the owners?
    It did go through all the legal proceedings. This property is listed on the County's website and in 2 newspapers. This property is being offered through the annual Upset Sale held every September throughout PA counties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Short sale of 2 unit rental property in Pennsylvania [ 3 Answers ]

I rent a unit in a two-unit property in PA, I have a year-to-year lease which automatically renews if either does not notify the other within 30 days of the renewal date(which is July 31). I have rented from landlord for the past 15 years. The landlord filed for bankruptcy in early 2010 and it...

Statute of limitations for a drug sale in Pennsylvania [ 9 Answers ]

My youngest brother was told he had a warrant for a drug sale to an informant after a routine traffic stop. The alleged sale happened 3 months before the traffic stop and there was never any information mailed to his home alerting him of the warrant. Is it possible that this would fall under the...

Tax question regarding sale of inherited property... [ 1 Answers ]

Three years ago my deceased parents left three houses totalling about $550,000 to me and my three sisters without a will. In succession, it was ordered that we all own the property equally (approximately $135,000 each). Over time, the properties have deteriorated some, and have gone vacant. Because...

View more questions Search