Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emeraldeyes Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 12:31 AM
    Hair dye problem!
    Hi to all, I just recently joined here, the reason is, is that today I dyed my hair today... well it didn't turn out to the way I wanted it to. I was getting tired of my old color (which was dark moghangy spelling? Red-brown color) I decided to go lighter. So I bought L'oreal Feria HI-LIFT Browns thinking it would be all right since this dye was for burnettes. Now my hair is golden light brown on my roots and the rest of my hair is still somewhat red-brown from my old color. As I was reading the forums here, I saw that dandruff shampoo helps fade the color so I just did that just now. I haven't seen the results yet. Dandruff shampoo was the only thing I had. I just washed my hair as normal but I wasn't sure if I had to leave it on longer or had to do anything else to get the color out. My boyfriend says it doesn't look bad but you can tell the difference between the two colors, it just doesn't show too drastic of the change. I really hate it and just the fact that I have to go to school tomorrow doesn't help either. Is the any suggestions as to how to fix my hair problem?. I don't have the money right now to fix it at a salon. Thanks!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 23, 2006, 01:07 AM
    Emeraldeyes, the roots take the color faster than the rest of the hair usually. I think your hair may be low porosity, but remember that color can't lift color. Your hair is a level 3, which is dark brown. You can remove the color with a color remover. If you have used several different colors on your hair in the past, it will build up and it will not hold another color. After you remove the old dyes from the hair, whatever color you use will penetrate the cortex of the hair better.

Feb 23, 2006, 10:47 PM
    Thanks PrettynPetite1 for the advice. If it's not too much trouble to ask... Will Sally's Beauty Store have hair dye remover and if I use it, will it damage my hair more? My hair has always been dry a bit and I have split-ends because of my long hair and I hear that when hair is like that it will be harder for my hair to absorb the dye color. And will it be safe for me to do it on my own to remove the dye? Here's a personal question, how it is that you know so much about hair? I'm glad I found this website, you've helped out a lot! Thanks again!! Take Care!
    -

Feb 27, 2006, 02:00 AM
    Yes, Sally's Beauty Supply stores have hair color removers. The products come with directions, so you shouldn't have a problem doing it on your own if you follow the directions carefully. Since your hair is dry and you have split ends, do a deep conditioning treatment once a week, or use a leave in conditioner, it repairs dry, damaged hair.

Mar 4, 2006, 01:39 AM
    I want to Thank you PrettynPetite1 for all the advice/tips on my hair problems! I did do the hair color remover and it worked well in removing all the colors I had before. I decided to go with a medium brown which is the closest to my natural hair color. After it was all done my hair was really dry so I'm going to get a trim and get some deep conditioning for it. I think after this experience, if possible, to stop dying my hair for a while and just let my natural color grow out. And if I get one of my crazy phases of wanting to change my hair color again, this time I'll go get it done at a salon. Thanks again! Take Care!
    -

Mar 11, 2006, 01:31 AM
    Your welcome, emeraldeyes.
    sourbro5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 04:37 PM
    My hair is dark brown curly and I got this blue dye and I put the thing to take of the natural hair I spend 45 minutes with my hair dye covered with a shower cab and only my hair roots turned blue. How do I fix this *** help me
    jknany Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 06:34 PM
    I dyed my hair 6 months ago(medium auburn) and I mean, it's practically almost faded all the way. My question is, if I dye my hair regular.. are my roots going to be a lot darker than the rest of my hair?
    Jacques000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 01:13 PM
    I used bleech to lighten my roots, I then used a blonde hair dye but it has left a blue tinge, what can I do please ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Thyroid problem reason for hair loss? [ 4 Answers ]

How alopecia areata can be treated. I want to ask one more query as my weight is losing and my hair are falling so can thyroid be one of reasons for hair fall. Thanks prabhjot

Hair Dye Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my blonde hair with a semi-permanent black dye about 5 weeks ago, it has turned my hair green and I need to get it out within 3 days. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really need to get it back to its original colour.

Having problem while colouring my black hair [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! It's Nimmi. My hair colour is completely black. I wanted to highlight my hair with brown colour. But when I used light brown hair colour on my hair then the change of my hair colour hardly noticeable. It's still almost black. I think I should change the colour to blond first, then use brown...

View more questions Search