Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Nov 5, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Bubble in drywall seam
    I'm on second coat, some seams look like the tape dried away from wall. SHould I sand it down and apply more tape or just mud over w/ a third coat then sand?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 5, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I suggest cutting out the bubble with a sharp knife - cut through the tape and remove the portion that isn't sticking.to the wall board. Then spackle over and sand.
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Nov 5, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Thank you!
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Nov 6, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Sometimes you can get some air trapped behind the tape, also if the crack or seam is larger than normal this can also happen, but yes cutting it out will work unless you are needing to build the mud up some more, keep in mind if you cut it out a 3rd coat want be enough to patch it fully, it will need an extra coat on that spot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A bubble in the eye? [ 4 Answers ]

My husbands been sick for the past 2 days now. His eyes are red and have been really itchy. I just took a good look at it a few minutes ago and he's got what seems to be like a bubble of air forming on the top layer of his eyeball! It looks somewhat like a blister but I think its just air in that...

Temp of water and seam [ 1 Answers ]

What is hotter, boiling water or steam?

Toilets bubble [ 6 Answers ]

What causes my toilets to bubble when I use the washing machine I checked all of the vents and they were all clean my pipes are cast iron and the house is 40 years old and also the toilets get cloged up and won't flush after they bubble

Paneling Seam Tape [ 2 Answers ]

I have put up some new paneling and most of it looks really good, but there are a few seams that show up. My brother told me about using seam tape that matches my paneling, I cannot find this, Lowe's & home depot thought I was on drugs when I asked. Can any one point me to a website or a store that...

Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble! [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a 2 bath home, ranch style. The toilet and shower in the master are fine, as is the kitchen sink and the laundry room. In the main bath, my toilet won't drain, when plunged out it backs into the tub drain. Also, when I run the water in the tub, it makes the toilet bubble. Same thing...

View more questions Search