Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alysonheather Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Out of state (from AZ) move with "joint custody" child?
    I live in AZ and have joint custody of 9-year-old daughter. My ex-wife recently met someone out of state whom she plans on starting a life with, and she just informed me she plans on moving out of state with my daughter at the end of the school year. AZ law will not permit this, will it? What steps do I have to take to prevent it? Thanks.
    kmc300 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 10:45 AM
    I was once in your wife's shoes, but I only wanted move out of the county and my kids dad would have them every weekend and holiday. He fought me on it and won I almost lost custody of my kids over it. He won because he told the judge he wanted to be involved in their school career. He has yet to even show up at my kids school. Point is if you fight it especially because you have joint custody and your kid is 9 you may have a good chance. Good luck.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 16, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Yes as with everything you will have to go to court. The system is stupid
    And could only be thought up by lawyers seeking to make money. I would say no she can't, but. Anyway why can't her man move to her?

Men's Rights Online - Child Custody Issues

WELCOME TO - FATHERS-4-JUSTICE(R) US

Child Custody Organization, nationwide divorce and custody information, resources for divorce and custody of your child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2007, 11:15 AM
    If you have joint custody with court ordered visitation she needs to get the approval of the court to move. Now she may be able to get a modification of the visitation, maybe giving you the summer and one or more school breaks. But if you fight it, you can possibly prevent her moving your daughter.
    alysonheather Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Thanks for the responses & links. To answer your question as to why he can't move to her... my guess is because he doesn't want to move away from his daughter, and his ex-wife will not allow him to move out of state with her:rolleyes: ! Of course, she will never admit to that... she said he has a business established, etc. (which I learned is a pool supply & service business... what better place to move his company than AZ?? ) Additionally, since he owns homes in several states, I doubt that he "needs" to work, so I guess it boils down to where my ex-wife's priorities lie... and that is wherever she is going to be "taken care of" (unfortunately for my daughter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Yes as with everything you will have to go to court. The system is stupid
    and could only be thought up by lawyers seeking to make money. I would say no she can't, but. Anyway why can't her man move to her?

Men's Rights Online - Child Custody Issues

WELCOME TO - FATHERS-4-JUSTICE(R) US

Child Custody Organization, nationwide divorce and custody information, resources for divorce and custody of your child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 04:07 PM
    There should be rules in your child custody agreement about this, You will need to file in family court to keep the children within an area that you can remain part of their life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Joint custody/Child support [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I live in CA and have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. His divorce was finalized 8/26/04 and his ex remarried 2 days later. Throughout all the court battles for custody, schooling, and child support he had to pay her $600 a month for alimony (they were only married 6 years) and...

View more questions Search