Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ganou Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 12:26 PM
    94, camry, not smoothly torque the steering wheel
    94, camry, in driving sometimes the steering wheel is not smoothly torqued when it turns

Large angle. I have to use an extraordinarily large power on the steering wheel, and feel

That it not runs smoothly, like some blocks existence. Please give me some advices.
    Thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Try flushing the power steering system and refilling with the recommended power steering fluid. If there's a filter in the line, you may want to replace it.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 07:32 PM
    I agree. There is a small universal joint called a yoke at the end of your steering column. These can sometimes stiffen up. Especially in the northern climates. Also, the rack and pinion could be bent. Meaning at center it's OK, but the more you turn, the more effort it takes. Could be simple too. Like oil getting onto your power steering belt.
    Sounds like it needs to be checked out on a lift to me. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 Honda Steering Won't Lock [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got a set of new tires on my 1997 Honda Civic LX- Automatic and now the steering wheel won't lock. Plus when I make a turn and turn on my turn signal it will not automatically turn off. Is it possible that the place I had put on my new tires damaged my steering wheel or does it have...

1994 Honda Civic Coupe, very steering wheel and vibrations throughout car [ 2 Answers ]

My car recently started to shake about two weeks ago. At first it was not that bad, but has gotten progressively worse. When I say shake, I mean the steering wheel rotates back and forth about an eighth of a turn. There also are vibrations which can be felt and heard throughout the car. During...

Craftsman 917270940 Steering [ 2 Answers ]

I just picked up a used Craftsman riding mower. The steering is very loose. It appears to be between the Sector Gear and the Steering wheel. Any suggestions? Is this common?

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

View more questions Search