Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheDarkCrystalJunkie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 06:37 PM
    80's children's show, need to know
    I have a couple of questions regarding two kid's shows I have been trying to find forever!

Does anyone know where I can find The Tale of the Bunny Picnic? I've been looking all over the internet on where I can find it to buy. It's about this little rabbit (Bean) who is always pretending to be something he is not and always gets scolded by his siblings for his imagination. It also has this funny dog that is after the rabbits for getting into the mean farmer's garden. What I remember most about this movie is the dog's solo song (Run Bunny Run, you're going to be a bunny stew-haha) when he was chasing after Bean. If anyone knows where I can find this movie, pleeease help!

The other one is a television show that used to come out every year at a specific time, I think during one of the holidays, like Thanksgiving or Christmas, during the 80's. It all revolved around this gem that was celebrated by these weird looking green people. Every year, the King would make a wish on this gem to keep the land safe and happy. The most I remember from those green things were the song they sang (Let's celebrate, don't hesitate... Our King will make a wish tonight upon a gem that glows so bright and fill our land with happiness and cheer). You can tell I used to watch that thing all the time. But back then, I didn't know how to use a VCR and wasn't allowed to touch it even if I could anyway. But There were also these villains that were trying to get the gem so the main villain could use that annual wish for his own purpose. He was this creepy purple vampire looking thing. They steal the gem and the King's son goes to get it back and the last thing I remember was the villains chasing the king's son and obviously the king's son gets away and returns the gem.

I know I'm getting a little long-winded, but you got to realize these shows have been stuck in my head for yeeears. Hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about because I've been getting nothing but crazy looks from friends when I ask if anyone knows them. The only person that knows about it seems to just be my brother because he used to watch it with me and my sister. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Nov 7, 2006, 03:14 AM
    The Tale of the Bunny Picnic - Amazon.com VHS only.
    jeffsiler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 10:04 AM
    What about the second movie the poster describes?

Jeff
    Scott1970 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCrystalJunkie
    I have a couple of questions regarding two kid's shows I have been trying to find forever!

Does anyone know where I can find The Tale of the Bunny Picnic? I've been looking all over the internet on where I can find it to buy. It's about this little rabbit (Bean) who is always pretending to be something he is not and always gets scolded by his siblings for his imagination. It also has this funny dog that is after the rabbits for getting into the mean farmer's garden. What I remember most about this movie is the dog's solo song (Run Bunny Run, you're gonna be a bunny stew-haha) when he was chasing after Bean. If anyone knows where I can find this movie, pleeease help!

The other one is a television show that used to come out every year at a specific time, I think during one of the holidays, like Thanksgiving or Christmas, during the 80's. It all revolved around this gem that was celebrated by these weird looking green people. Every year, the King would make a wish on this gem to keep the land safe and happy. The most I remember from those green things were the song they sang (Let's celebrate, don't hesitate...Our King will make a wish tonight upon a gem that glows so bright and fill our land with happiness and cheer). You can tell I used to watch that thing all the time. But back then, I didn't know how to use a VCR and wasn't allowed to touch it even if I could anyway. But There were also these villains that were trying to get the gem so the main villain could use that annual wish for his own purpose. He was this creepy purple vampire looking thing. They steal the gem and the King's son goes to get it back and the last thing I remember was the villains chasing the king's son and obviously the king's son gets away and returns the gem.

I know I'm getting a little long-winded, but you got to realize these shows have been stuck in my head for yeeears. Hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about because I've been getting nothing but crazy looks from friends when I ask if anyone knows them. The only person that knows about it seems to just be my brother because he used to watch it with me and my sister. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
    Amazon.com: The Tale of the Bunny Picnic: Video: Camille Bonora,Kevin Clash,Louise Gold,Jim Henson,Richard Hunt,Ron Mueck,Karen Prell,Mike Quinn,Martin P. Robinson,David Rudman,Steve Whitmire

VHS. At Amazon. Tale of the Bunny Picnic.

Scott
    squibble Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 06:39 PM
    I know this movie! I used to rent it from a store in Carver, MA. And I've been searching for years. Does the name "The Gundelins" ring a bell at all? Or a conversation between the villain and his goons about previous yearly attempts, like a big balloon ploy, and mailing a goon in a postage box? I was incredibly young watching this, and that's all that stands out in my head, but I'v been looking for it for about 3 years now. PLEASE let me know anything you find out.

-Dave
    squibble Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I think I've figured out that it's called The Moonstone Gem. I just bought two of them on Amazon on VHS. It's from 1983. Seems to fit all the criteria. It doesn't appear to be on imdb but an Amazon search will show you the cover.

-Dave

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's show from the 80s or maybe 90s [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to remember the name of a show that I watched when I was a kid It had two kids a girl and a boy who owned a coloring book which they jumped into. Then they came to this place and there was a woman who always wore rainbow socks. That's not a lot of info but its all I got.

Children's book 80's [ 6 Answers ]

I've been on a quest to figure out the name of the first book that got me interested in fantasy... Here's what I can remember: A boy and girl, possibly prince & princess, are playing in a garden and are told not to leave/go into the forest, of course they do, The boy gets captured I think, and...

80's Children's Animation, possibly manga? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have two questions: ANIME 1: I remember watching an animation about two orphaned girls that grew up together from babies (I don't think they were sisters), and I think the orphange was in the country and they get to their teens and have an argument and I don't remember much else,...

80's children's fantasy film [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a film title. All I can remember is that a young girl gets kidnapped from her bedroom by some monsters (puppets) and they carry her through a forest with lots of cobwebs and fog. She is then in a cave with a witch and she sings Silent Night... please help as this is driving me mad!

Need help finding out name of an 80's children's movie [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out the name of a movie that I saw in the 80's when I was a kid. The details are kind of sketchy, but this is what I remember. Children can step through a mirror and it takes them to another land where an evil witch (not the green mole on the nose kind, more like the snow...

View more questions Search