Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2022, 04:00 AM
    Hurricane Ian
    It is making ihet's way across Florida with it's devastation . Most of my family lives in the state and are in it's direct path. By this weekend it will set a bullseye where I live in SC

Before that it ravaged Cuba.

Best wishes and prayers for all in its path.

Soon you will hear the narrative that storms like Ian are the direct result of extreme weather caused by global warming /climate change that is human caused.

This is nonsense.

To read a good, referenced rebuttal to almost all the arguments in favor of that hypothesis; I recommend a fiction book that is well referenced and documented.

The book is Michael Crichton's thriller 'State of Fear'. Every assumption made by the climate change cult is countered in this fiction that is an easy read about ecoterrorism done in the name of saving the planet.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2022, 04:15 AM
    Those of us in Mississippi who lived through Camille know that hurricanes are not becoming more violent.
    1969 camille aug 17th,just west from the SSE as a cat 5 175mph (hurdat) 900mb ,major damage with a 22 ft storm surge in this area. kills 137 along the coast .
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2022, 04:48 AM
    The politization of the storm has begun .

1. Before the storm Clueless called Dem mayors in Florida about Federal responses and failed to call Guv DeSantis until it was reported. He then called the Guv to try to counter the negative press.

2.CNNs Don Lemon repeatedly tried to get NOAA's hurricane director Jamie Rhome to say that Ian was caused by climate change. When his answers were unsatisfactory to the climate change cult ; their experts were invited to rebut .

Discredited climate cult leader Michael Mann (the hockey stick graph "trick" that conveniently did a "hide the decline ") called Rhomes a denier for suggesting that a single event like Ian is evidence of climate change .

There are many comments that suggest severe weather events are a new thing. But those of us burdened by history know otherwise.

There was a devastating hurricane that hit Tampa /St Pete Oct 25,1921 . It was the biggest hurricane to hit the West coast of Florida and it was preceded by the hurricane of 1848 .

There is plenty of social media commentary that says things like "not saying the Republicans in Fla deserve it but ,,,,,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2022, 12:08 PM
    Migrants (mainly refugees from Venezuela) are so thankful to DeSantis for busing/flying them north to safety before Hurricane Ian hit Florida.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2022, 01:31 PM
    yes and they can live on Dem freebees instead of picking grapefruits .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2022, 01:59 PM
    Actually no. They are hard-working people who are already skilled workers in a variety of occupations in their own country, so will be eagerly welcomed here.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2022, 02:35 PM
    They are hard-working people who are already skilled workers in a variety of occupations in their own country, so will be eagerly welcomed here.
    Mere speculation. You have no way of knowing if that is true or not.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2022, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Mere speculation. You have no way of knowing if that is true or not.
    Google that!
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2022, 03:08 PM
    I have learned many times that googling your non-information is an absolute waste of my time. It's your info, so it's up to you to support it.

Note to other readers. Perhaps it will happen this time, but typically it does not.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2022, 03:39 PM
    if indeed they are 'hard working ' 'skilled laborers ' then of course the US should welcome them . All they need to do is get proper visas before entering the country . That is not what these people are unfortunately

Congressman says Homeland Security confirmed Venezuela 'sends violent criminals' to the United States | ADN América (adnamerica.com)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2022, 03:54 PM
    The Venezuelan migrants are highly qualified: 57% of working-age Venezuelans have higher education, and of these, half have a university degree.

Venezuelan immigrants participate in the U.S. labor force at a much higher rate than the overall immigrant and native-born populations.

The vast majority of the Venezuelan migrants want to work.

"Massachusetts has many resources to assist individuals who arrive with varying immigration statuses and needs," Governor Baker said. "The state is working with all partners involved to make sure those resources are available to the migrants that arrived on Wednesday."

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    if indeed they are 'hard working ' 'skilled laborers ' then of course the US should welcome them . All they need to do is get proper visas before entering the country . That is not what these people are unfortunately

Congressman says Homeland Security confirmed Venezuela 'sends violent criminals' to the United States | ADN América (adnamerica.com)
    Ah, another Republican who hasn't been to Martha's Vineyard. If he only knew....
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2022, 04:10 PM
    He is citing a DHS intelligence report .
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2022, 04:15 PM
    The Venezuelan migrants are highly qualified: 57% of working-age Venezuelans have higher education, and of these, half have a university degree.
    Tells us nothing about the immigrants as opposed to the general pop.

Venezuelan immigrants participate in the U.S. labor force at a much higher rate than the overall immigrant and native-born populations.
    I'd have to see data to support that opinion, but even if true, let them come legally.

The vast majority of the Venezuelan migrants want to work.
    Another opinion.

"Massachusetts has many resources to assist individuals who arrive with varying immigration statuses and needs," Governor Baker said. "The state is working with all partners involved to make sure those resources are available to the migrants that arrived on Wednesday."
    Not sure what that has to do with your point.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2022, 04:40 PM
    I KNEW it!!!!!
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2022, 04:57 PM
    Kam the sham spoke to a DNC Woman's leadership forum Friday and said hurricane disaster relief would be distributed based on "equity " ;that that "communities of color" would be first to receive aid.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2022, 05:17 PM
    I KNEW it!!!!!
    Yeah. That's what happens when you are asked to provide support and you merely provide opinion. What happened to googling?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2022, 05:20 PM
    Yeah. That's what happens when you are asked to provide support and you merely provide opinion. What happened to googling?
    Not opinion. I GOOGLED!!!
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2022, 05:46 PM
    Oh? And the links?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2022, 06:09 PM
    Oh? And the links?
    For you to cherry-pick from and trash?
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2022, 06:20 PM
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. Why is it always someone else's fault???

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hurricane Ties [ 3 Answers ]

Look at the rafters in the Florida Room. If I installed the ties. One end would go on the rafter and the other connects to the wall. I know they have a left side and right side tie. I have 13 rafters altogether. I cannot use nails. It is solid cement. Is that the way you do it?

Hurricane gap,and AGW defectors [ 43 Answers ]

Unless we get a cat.3 hurricane hitting the US shores in the remaining month of the current hurricane season , we will have gone 5 seasons in a row without one. This is the 1st time this will occure since the 1910-1914 seasons . Within the last 4 years we had the release of the Goracle's...

Hurricane Katrine [ 7 Answers ]

I can't find anywhere that tells me when hurricane Katrina ended.. does anyone know? Thanks

Hurricane [ 1 Answers ]

Who names these hurricanes, why most of them have hispanic names, I think the last one called john,rite?

View more questions Search