Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JasMate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Washing machine won't rinse or spin, please help
    I have an upright washing machine that has stopped rinsing and spinning. It washes the clothes fine, adgitating properly but when it gets to rinse cycle it just stops and makes a kind of rattle sound. It sounds like it is trying to spin but something is broken preventing it from working.

I checked under the washer and everything looks to be intact, the belt is on and tight. I checked all the pipes etc for blockages but all looks good.

Additionally when I was playing with the cycle settings I managed to get it to empty some of the water so the pump is working fine it just seems to be the spining action of rinse/spin that is the problem

Any help would be so great I am very handy and am able to pull things apart and put them back together without breaking them (normally :rolleyes: )

The washer is: Samsung Triflow SW65ASP2
    manofaus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 05:56 AM
    Well I too am having the same problem. I think that it is the pump (thats how I found this question)
    My pump worked, but it still stopped, but now the pump does not work at all..
    I am in Australia and I have a quote for 45 bucks for a new pump. I think I will try that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. [ 1 Answers ]

Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. It make a loud whirring/grinding noise. There is no obvious blockage and have checked the pump. The pump is working fine and the impeller spins. Is this a blockage in the pipe or something else

Kenmore Elite Catalyst Washing Machine doesn't spin [ 32 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have the correct model number. Nothing on back of washer. Under lid: SM 9710768-C. This is a Kenmore Elite Catalyst heavy duty, top load, king size capacity, ultra quiet pak, 3 speed motor with 6 speed combinations washing machine. I've tried both spin speeds, but neither work....

Kenmore washing machine spin cycle [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore washer will go through the wash cylce but when it reaches the spin cycle the water will drain out but will not spin out. I did replace the motor isolation cupling, but that did not take care of the problem. I'm thinking that the control magnet could be the culprit. Any thoughts?? LAJ

Washing Machine Won't Spin [ 4 Answers ]

I have a washing machine that won’t spin on its own. I bought a front loader from Sears, says Kenmore but believe it is a Frigidaire, Model #417.41042000. When machine is in the agitate cycle, the motor will not run unless I physically help it. When it starts it only goes for about 8 seconds...

View more questions Search