Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jello Jello Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 02:54 PM
    White Vaginal Discharge
    Hi.

I've had this weird white and gooey vaginal discharge for a while now.

It sounds like a yeast infection. But I always thought yeast infections included itchyness
    Too. It doesn't itch or anything. Just this weird discharge.
    Mark Coeman Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Dec 16, 2006, 03:32 PM
    If it is not itchy it is probably normal. Maybe due to ovulaion?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2006, 03:40 PM
    White discharge can very well be normal discharge. If it turns yellow or a darker caller it is a sign of an infection.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Dec 24, 2006, 05:20 PM
    The consitency of the discharge is significant as well.
    A curdled milk consitency indicates something is wrong.
    Protozoans might be involved.

Here is an article on the subject:

http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/handout...discharge.html
    fulltime_mommy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 02:27 AM
    I would have to agree with all answers above.I know of many woman that have that type of discharge do to ovulation and hormonal changes.If there is no fowl smell or soreness I would think its normal.Oh and I only know all those woman's discharge issues because I go to an infertilty chat haha... Not a sick wierdo.We just share EVERYTHING there
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 25, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Just because there is no itching, does not mean there is no infection. However, there is a Normal Vaginal Discharge: May be clear or white, thin or thick.

It is not odorous and there is no itching. You should look for other possible signs of infection e.g. redness.

Other conditions besides yeast infection can also cause discharge. Namely, they are: Bacterial vaginosis (BV), chlamydia or gonorrhea infections, Forgotten tampon or foreign body, and Cervical or vaginal cancer can cause some vaginal discharge.

The only way to diagnose a yeast infection is by Examination of vaginal discharge under the microscope, however. You Physician may also perform other Diagnostic tests.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. Sharon Roseanne Thompson, M.D. M.P.H, Vaginal Discharge (Online: MedlinePlus, 2006) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003158.htm
    dannysmom Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2006, 06:30 PM
    Please do not self treat with over the counter meds unless you are sure you are dealing with a yeast infection.
    nadja550 Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Dec 25, 2006, 11:25 PM
    Bacterial Vaginosis Could Be A Strong Possibility. Does It Have An Odor To It? Especially After Having Intercourse? And Yeast Infections Aren't Always Itchy. You Could Buy Over The Counter Yeast Infection Medicine... use It, It Can't Hurt! If It Does Not Work You Could Eliminate The Possibility Of A Yest Infection. It Could Also Be Perfectly Normal Discharge.
    Captain_Brown Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 07:53 AM
    See a doctor. You may have an infection. I had a Yeast Infection one time, it itched sometimes, and not, and I had a gooey discharge, so that could be it, or maybe Bacteria Vaginosis. I have also heard from other women that they have had it after sexual intercourse, and it was perfectly normal.
    carlito5 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jello Jello
    Hi.

I've had this weird white and gooey vaginal discharge for a while now.

It sounds like a yeast infection. But I always thought yeast infections included itchyness
    too. It doesnt itch or anything. just this weird discharge.
    Normal vaginal discharge is clear or white with no bad odor. It has regular fluctuations that result from hormonal changes occurring throughout the menstrual cycle. The normally clear and thin fluid becomes a bit thicker and heavier at the time of ovulation. Sexual excitement increases vaginal discharge. It also changes during pregnancy, at menopause and when a woman uses birth control pills.

Change in the color, odor or consistency of vaginal discharge may indicate an infection. Yeast infections, where the volume of regular vaginal yeast increases, cause a thick, white discharge that resembles cottage cheese. Other vaginal infections (sometimes grouped as vaginitis) like trichomoniasis and bacterial vaginosis can cause other changes to vaginal discharge, such as changes in amount, color and odor. Sexually transmitted diseases may also be associated with unusual vaginal discharge, but frequently have no symptoms.
    loveofhim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito5 View Post
    Normal vaginal discharge is clear or white with no bad odor. It has regular fluctuations that result from hormonal changes occurring throughout the menstrual cycle. The normally clear and thin fluid becomes a bit thicker and heavier at the time of ovulation. Sexual excitement increases vaginal discharge. It also changes during pregnancy, at menopause and when a woman uses birth control pills.

Change in the color, odor or consistency of vaginal discharge may indicate an infection. Yeast infections, where the volume of regular vaginal yeast increases, cause a thick, white discharge that resembles cottage cheese. Other vaginal infections (sometimes grouped as vaginitis) like trichomoniasis and bacterial vaginosis can cause other changes to vaginal discharge, such as changes in amount, color and odor. Sexually transmitted diseases may also be associated with unusual vaginal discharge, but frequently have no symptoms.
    After the first 3 or 4 time I've ever had sex, I went home and found this extremely gooey vaginal dischare on my underwear. It was whiteish. And felt almost like that clear glue they place on soda cans and random stuff. But a little damp. Ever sense then I get it everyonce and awhile even days I haven't had sex. I'm 16 and have had my period sense I was around 13 and I've never seen this before. I've had some discharge that stains my underwear kind of but never where it was like a gluey substance. My boyfriend has been using a condom every time and has come yet. I just went back on yasmin a few days ago. (a week or more after the dischare started). I was on the birth control before about 8 months ago for cramps but stopped because I kept forgetting. Is the discharge normal? Or is their something wrong? Could the discharge mean I'm pregnant? Thank you so much for your time.
    loveofhim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 04:41 PM

*he has not come yet.

Aug 26, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loveofhim View Post
    i was on the birth control before about 8 months ago for cramps but stopped because i kept forgetting. is the discharge normal? or is their something wrong? could the discharge mean im pregnant? thank you so much for your time.
    Sorry for interrupting your conversation. I know you were probably waiting for carlito5 to reply to you, but I just had to fill you in on some important information. That being:

It is just too risky to guess if this discharge is normal or not. Discharge is produced by columnar epithelium, vaginal mucous glands, and made of vaginal flora which can vary substantially, from women to women.

Plus, the color and texture can depend on factors, such as how well you are hydrated (general health status), age, stress, hormonal influence, and sexual activity. Diagnosis is better left in the hands of a Physician who can take advantage of full use of lab tests, such as a cotton-tipped swab test to make his or her diagnosis. These infections can go for sometime undetected; will appear to cause no problems until the female attempts to conceive. Then, it is too late because the infection has already made physiological changes within the biological system which causes harm to the unborn baby.

However, I am almost willing to bet my life that your discharge is hormonal and resulting from the use of birth-control. This could and it could not be symbolic for an infection. They only realistic way to find out is if you consdult with health care provider for further follow-up.

mmmlll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 09:13 PM
    What happens if it kind of smells
    Baby_T Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2010, 02:00 PM
    I ave similar problem... I am seeing white discharge its very white doesn't have any form of clumps thick and white and its not transparent, it has no odor or anything and I ave zero clue if its normal or what and its always there
    teneash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 10:30 AM
    Can a man get yeast infection from his partner?

Mar 31, 2013, 07:38 PM
    Yes a man can get a yeast infection from his partner if he has unprotected sex. I am going to leave you a link to an article, written by internist James M. Steckelberg, M.D. published on the MayoClinic's website that can provide you with additional information on the subject - should you need it.

Male yeast infection: Can I get it from my girlfriend?
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/male-yeast-infection/HO00172

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal callus [ 2 Answers ]

A week ago I noticed a few little white bumps around my vagina (around the hole, if you will). I innitially freaked out and thought it was genital warts. I immediately made an appointment with my gyno that day. It turns out, to my relief, that they are calluses!! The doctor said they are caused by...

About vaginal opening [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question whether the menstrual fluid comes through the vaginal opening or any other?. Whether the urethral opening present above the vaginal opening? Thanks

Vaginal bumps [ 1 Answers ]

I have bumps in my vaginal area? What does that mean?

Vaginal Bumps [ 2 Answers ]

I recently started birth control and it caused me to have my period for an extended period of about 3-weeks, during this time I went on a trip to Mexico. I was in a wet swimsuit every day for 7 days in a row, so when I returned I didn't think anything about it when I began to notice a few small...

White discharge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lot of thick white discharge vaginally during the month, and when I have my period, first few days it is almost dark brown and really thick, after that it becomes very slimy my blood discharge. Any reason for this? I am in my late 30's and I also get awlful headaches with each...

View more questions Search