Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desq27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2006, 08:37 AM
    98 F-150 coil packs
    I just recently purchased a 98 F-150 5.4L. When I test drove it it had no power and the engine studdered violently. When they repaired the truck they told me it was bad coil packs causing missfires. 10 days ago I picked the truck up running smooth and strong. Then yesterday it just started doing it again. This happened right after I went to get my car washed I was wondering what do you think could have caused them to go wrong so quickly, and how can I tell which ones are bad so I can change them out?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2006, 02:03 PM
    A scanner should tell you which cylinders have bad coils. Look for any codes.

It might be your spark plugs and not your coils causing misfires--replace with the Motorcraft plugs that came in the truck. Don't try other brands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning an evaporator coil? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you recommend that I clean a dirty evaporator coil? I appreciate your help!

Central Air Coil Drain [ 3 Answers ]

I recently installed a new central air/furnace system in my home. The furnace and A-coil are both Lennox, with a Haier condenser unit outside. The problem I'm having is with the drain tube on the A-coil drain. When I first started the system, it drained quite a bit of condensed water during the...

Size of A Coil for AC [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Guys I want to buy an AC 2 ton but I have a fairly large air plenum on my furnace about 20 by 22 inches and any AC’s that I have looked at come with a smaller A Coil so if I used this it would greatly reduce my air flow. The A Coil looks like it is meant for a furnace in an apartment size...

Matching Coil - Trane XR-13 [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone give me a ballpark figure on the price of a matching coil for a new Trane XR-13 A/C?

Coil resistor wire [ 1 Answers ]

Have problem with risistos wire on 1964 ford ware do you replace it from ?

View more questions Search