Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SheyTaneLLa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Speed in volleyball
    How to develop speed in volleyball? Which excercises to do??
    msjade89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 08:55 PM
    You can try doing sprints up and down the court and some sprawl techniques also you can try where the whole team is around u and your coach is tossing balls all over the court and you have to run and touch the balls and try to reach a set amount say thirty or forty something like that... I hope this helps a little bit.
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Jan 17, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Start playing in the sand during the months where you are able to. It makes everything you do more explosive, and will make you a more rounded player.
    LBshortstuff613 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Uhh being a volleyball player myself. You have to stay down bent over for most of the game so do squats to get your muscles used to that position. And do extensive abdominal workouts because when spiking that is a main muscle used. Also shuffle. Squat so your knees are above your shoulders butt poked out and back straight, this may be uncomfortable at first but you will adjust, then shuffle from side to side and if you want to do a little extra have someone call out to you "left" "right" and so on that will really help you with changing direction which is every thing in the game of volleyball.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Volleyball setting location codes [ 7 Answers ]

Is anyone able to explain the location set codes used in volleyball? I know that a (#1) is a high outside set, but what about all the others? Does anyone know of a web sit with a good diagram to show all these setting areas? Thanks, A new setter

Determine reach in Volleyball [ 1 Answers ]

We have a team of U13 girls and want to incorporate metrics in order to help them become better travel volleyball players. One of these metrics that we think is important is measuring their reach ability, i.e. free standing, jumping, running jump, etc. Is there a proper method / or standard...

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

Speed Bag for Volleyball [ 0 Answers ]

Using a Speed Bag and Double End Bag could be helpful for Volleyball training. Both can be adusted up high and help the player with holding the hands up, rhythm, speed, timing and targeting a moving object close to the face. Just a few ideas to expand your training Speedbag put a little...

Volleyball Training Equipment [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know anything about marketing volleyball training equipment?

View more questions Search