Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blusia Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Research paper help
    I am doing my first research paper and I am attempting to explain the positive effects on society from
    a. edgar allen poe
    b. mae west
    c. industrial rock
    And how these groups are examples of different types of controversy that are positive to our culture
    Do you have any suggestions on how I could do this? I am finding it harder than I thought...
    [email protected]
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 3, 2006, 07:09 PM
    Above all, convince yourself via research.
    Only then will you be able to write persuasively.

Then give your paper a title which asserts the point that will be made.

Then write the introduction in which you capture reader interest and which includes your thesis statement. The thesis statement will indicate the points to be discussed and the order in which you will deal with each.

You might consider giving each example a paragraph.

Give each paragraph a topic sentence which indicates the point it will try to prove.

Support your points with examples, expert testimony, statistics, logic.

Then you might consider concluding via summary or recapitulation of points proven.

BTW
    A numbered bibliography of sources is usually required.
    Also, don't cite books cite people with authority on the subject.
    selana Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2006, 07:48 PM
    It is probably too late to respond to this question now, but for future reference I will answer it anyway. Brainstorming and mindmapping are brilliant ways to develop ideas for a research paper and to help you actually target research time. From your mindmapping sheets, you will see common elements and differences between your examples or points of focus that will help you craft a thesis statement. This is the point of view you will be taking for your paper. Your paper will be focused on proving your thesis and the examples you use can be compared and contrasted. One of the most effective resources available to any student who needs to do a lot of research is Questia - online library. The subscription price is worth it, if you want access to a variety of resources. If you need any additional info check out www.1st-class-english.com on the research services page - just fill in enquiry form and I will get back to you. I am not trying to sell services here; its just that I always check those forms so I will get the message, but I can't guarantee how regularly I'll visit this site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help on history paper [ 4 Answers ]

Hi and thanks whoever is going to help I'm having a subject on Vietnam war and I need sources with various pictures. Yes I need a lot of PICTURES, not documents. Thanks.

Watercolor paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am curious to know what different weight paper is about. I see advertised 80 lb, 140 lb and 300 lb paper but wonder what effect this will have on my artwork... also coldpressed and hot pressed. I think I understand that one is grainy and rough surface and other is smooth... I prefer a little...

I remember a paper cut... [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me figure out the title of this movie; I think it's from the 80s. Here is what I remember: Some sort of soldier or officer wakes up and is told that the war has been over for awhile and they need to debrief him about his role in it. People are asking him all sorts of questions. ...

View more questions Search