Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charadeclean Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 06:29 PM
    Commercial post construction clean up
    Hello, can anyone tell me how much to charge for commercial post construction clean-up in western Massachusetts? Per hr and per sq. ft. I was asked to put in a bid for 12,255 sq. ft 39 windows in/out . 8 restrooms , 11 rms of vct. Tiles 588 sq. ft. to apply floor finish ( 6 coats ) & buff.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 19, 2010, 11:21 PM

Is this union or non-union, affects pricing.

Will there be any large construction garbage for you to clean up?

Windows in and outside?

Will you have to strip the VCT first?

Let me know and we can move forward.

Stringer

Nov 28, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Hello Mr. Stringer,
    It is non union, not removing any garbage,costruction debris, or anything to clean up.Yes the windows are to be cleaned in/out, and I do not have to strip the VCT just apply floor finish & buff. And also we just basically have to remove & clean after construction dust.
    Business Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 04:24 PM

Are you sure that you don't have to strip off the protective coating on the VCT first? If so you have to account for that time and cost also.

Also are these new windows that have stickers all over them that you have to remove?

Nov 28, 2010, 04:33 PM
    Yes I am sure I don't have to strip any protective coating on the VCT. Yes these are new windows, but I am lucky not all of the windows have stickers on them to remove.
    Business Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 07:16 PM

Ok Charade, just be aware of the things that will take you extra time and those translate to extra labor, your most expensive item.

Pricing is always tricky as it varies across the nation by area and competition. And pricing is always your own decision.

Personally, I would go in at $1,990.00. ($1,790.00 for cleaning and about $200.00 for the windows - both sides)

Any questions, please let me know. And also let me know how you came out in the bidding process.

Good luck,
    Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the price per sqft to clean new construction home in Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

What is the price per sqft to clean new construction home in Michigan.

Commercial post const. Clean pricing per square foot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the going rate per square footage for a commercial post construction clean? It is a tim hortons restaurant.

View more questions Search