Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sylvestro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Computer reboots by itself/Windows stops responding or freezes
    I am an owner of a MAXDATA PC (FAVORIT 3000 I M08 UK) and I am facing two major problems at the moment:

1. I cannot enter Windows XP
    2. The computer reboots by itself just before entering Windows

I don't really know much about computers, and I am scared to do anything...
    Can anyone help please?

I am willing to provide more information about the PC, if needed.

Thank you,

Sylvestro
    auglocqnuk Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Well you should first bring up the boot options menu (press f8 key repeatedly upon startup until the menu is displayed giving the following options: Safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last know good configuration, start windows normally). Choose last known good configuration, then if it does not boot, choose safe mode. In safe mode attempt a system restore (start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore). Let me know what happens after you try this.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Dec 4, 2007, 08:31 AM
    It could be any number of things...
    Have you installed any new programs lately?
    Do you run regular virus and spy-ware checks?
    How old is the computer?

If you can get the computer up in safe mode as auglocqnuk recommended and it stays running for some time you can probably rule out a bad power supply.
    While you're in safe mode you might want to take a look at any programs you've installed recently or any driver upgrades you've applied. Try removing them and rebooting normally.
    HAREENDRAN Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Here are some general trouble shooting tips for you!
    Check smps of your computer for proper working.If available, use another smps to verify the fault.
    If the system POSTs but hangs on the POST screen,check the following:
    1.Bad memory timings in BIOS or faulty RAM.
    2.Corrupted BIOS.
    3.Processor overclocked.
    If POST ok and system reboots at the time of OS loading,then do the following:
    1.Remove all cards and try booting only with basic elements
    2.Try booting into safe mode
    3.Uninstall the last driver installed.
    sylvestro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Thank you all for your very kind replies...

However, my biggest problem is that I cannot enter 'safe mode' and although I tried to use the Windows XP CD to set up or repair Windows XP on my PC, I always get the following blue screen error:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any antivirus, disk de fragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF79636DC, 0xF79633D8, 0xE6F8BF81)

*** ntfs.sys – Address F6F8BF81 base at F6F3C000, Date Stamp 41107eea

Once again, any suggestions are more than welcomed.

Thank you very much,

Sylvestro
    Jayblaze Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Slyvestro,

The problem lies with your hard drive (ntfs.sys) as clear indication of the problem. Windows XP Stop messages <--scroll until you see Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. There is one of your solutions.

2) Test your hard drive`s integrity by running chkdsk /f by booting from Recovery Console on a Windows Xp Disk.

3) Insert your hard drive into another system and see if you can run Disk Error checking on that drive. Either by right clicking My Computer->Disk Management -> Selecting the troublesome drive and running diagnostics.

4) BUy a new hard drive pal.

Regards
    Jayblaze

Dec 7, 2007, 06:23 PM
    OK.Now it is clear!The problem device is your hard disc,I think. Run chkdsk/f if possible.If everything fails,take out your existing drive and replace it with a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvestro
    Thank you all for your very kind replies...

However, my biggest problem is that I cannot enter 'safe mode' and although I tried to use the Windows XP CD to set up or repair Windows XP on my pc, I always get the following blue screen error:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any antivirus, disk de fragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF79636DC, 0xF79633D8, 0xE6F8BF81)

*** ntfs.sys – Address F6F8BF81 base at F6F3C000, Date Stamp 41107eea

Once again, any suggestions are more than welcomed.

Thank you very much,

Sylvestro
    flamingo1234 Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Dec 7, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Hit the hard drive reapeatedly with a hammer, but don't break it!

Dec 10, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingo1234
    Hit the hard drive reapeatedly with a hammer, but don't break it!
    Shocked to see your reply ! What you mean?Please explain the technical reason behind 'hammering'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hp cd/dvd writer stops responding [ 11 Answers ]

When I play a dvd everything is fine. When I put in a cd, it tries to start and then stops. How can I fix this. I am using a hp computer and windows xp.

What does it mean if my dog stops eating and responding? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old Beagle and for the past two day he has not eaten. He no longer wags his tail when I call him. He doesn't respond when I call him. He will look at me but not get up. Last night he was drooling bad. What could be wrong with him?

Media player stops responding [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I load a video from the internet/play one from my PC it'll start the video then freeze and continue playing sound but media player will be 'not responding'. When I 'end now' the PC either freezes completely or everything freezes apart from I can still move the mouse about, although...

Computer reboots by itself [ 11 Answers ]

OS win2000. Computer reboots by itself. It might work 5 minutes and reboot or several hours and reboot. Any suggestions. Thank you.

Computer Reboots [ 5 Answers ]

My computer reboots whenever it feels like it... What is causes that?

View more questions Search