Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsie_andreasm Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2005, 11:53 AM
    Just want to know..
    What specific part of the computer hardware is responsible for starting up your PC. If its broken, could it be replaced? Or need to replace the motherboard? Sorry, no idea at all. Anybody? I appreciate your info. About this.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 9, 2005, 03:39 PM
    Starting your computer uses many and most of the hardware in your system... it includes many many things including your processor, memory, hard drive, CMOS, and many many other small chips and devices.

If something would need to be replaced or repaired, it would need to be directly diagnosed.

Are you the one with the computer problem? If so, what problems are you having and perhaps we can help you a little more.

Thanks!
    chelsie_andreasm Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2005, 04:18 PM
    Yah its my PC. I'm having a start up problem. Its been months already but I don't really have time to bring it to a technician. The problem is once I initially start the computer it hangs and needed to reset for like several times before it will fully start. I was wondering.. if I leave it like this for quite sometime what could happen? Somebody from this site already advised me to seek help from technician to check the inside components of my PC. Maybe its dirty, dusty or some moist are causing the problem OR could it be some infestation.. maybe a spider or roach died inside. <lol> I was wondering if I can just open it.. I have a manufacturer's handbook and it shows diagram.. what particular component should I clean or detach or whatever in order to check the cause of the "freezing" problem. I know I should be careful when I do this. That's why I want to know the particular hardware that I need to spot, to avoid further damage.

This really bothers me.. and I'm afraid if I don't do anything about it.. computer will crash eventually. . What do you think?

Sorry for bad english, not good at it. I hope I explained it well. Thanks in advance.

OS is windows xp, pentium 4, soltek computer. 256MB.

Sep 9, 2005, 04:27 PM
    Hello,

Hmm it does seem like something that is hardware related - most likely a component or something has gone bad on the motherboard...

If you feel comfortable opening it, UNPLUG the unit first, wait about a minute or so, and the best you can do is make sure everything is clean (fans, boards, buttons, etc. - they will often times be clogged with dust) only use a soft cloth or something like that to clean the inside - do not use any type of cleaner. A vacuum also works very well for this type of cleaning. Try not to touch anything directly with your skin!

Also, while cleaning it, make sure everything you see is in tightly - cables, parts, cards, etc. by gently pushing on them to make sure there is no movement.

If this does not help, your best bet would be to take it to a professional who can use special equipment to diagnose what may be wrong with your hardware. Good luck, if you have any problems, just ask!

Sep 9, 2005, 04:30 PM
    In my opinion, it all depends on what may be wrong with the computer that might cause it not to function correctly in the future... it may work the same forever or it may die in a week - it all depends on what is causing it to malfunction.

Perhaps some others have some opinions also!

Good luck!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2005, 02:34 AM
    Computer Hangs
    Hi,
    It's been months doing this?
    Must not be too important, cause most of us will find the time to do the things that are really important.
    I really suggest taking it to a local computer repair shop. It could have been fixed by now. You will probably spend more time in trying to find the problem yourself, maybe not successfully, than it would taking time out to get it fixed by a professional.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to go down under :) [ 1 Answers ]

Not just a sexual inuendo; I really want to go to Australia I just wanted to know if anyone has any info on expenses or how easy it is to get a job down there. Do I need a working Visa? Any help would be great. Thanks!

I want to try a few new things [ 6 Answers ]

I don't really know what I want or where I belong so I have decieded that I'm going to try a few things to see what I really like and see if I can find who I really am so the first thing that I have decided to try is modeling I want to model for like hollister or something but I'm just not quite...

I want to be brown [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know the best way to dye hair from black to chestnut brown. I'm thinking cream peroxide to lighten hair then using permanent colour. What do you think?

View more questions Search