Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattT77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 01:59 PM
    American standard single lever shower control
    I have an american standard single lever shower control in my master bath. I can not get hot water out of the shower for more than about 30 seconds before it goes cold. I have hot water from the separate tub as well as the bathroom sink. I have good hot water in all the other sinks in the house as well as the other bathroom. I'm new to this and don't know what the problem is. I've tried to get the shower control off however can not seem to figure out how it comes off. There is a single lever, small hole on the bottom but no screw, or bolt or anything. There is no cap on the handle to pry off. I'm at a loss here, thank you in advance for any advise..

Matt the new home owner
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 02:54 PM

Get a flush light and look inside that small hole you will see a set screw, to remove the set screw you will need a small allen wrench or a star wrench, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard Shower Valve [ 10 Answers ]

I have a single lever (actually a rotating knob) American Standard valve. It's stuck so that it doesn't allow any hot water (cold is fine) to pass. Last time this happened (that was about a year ago -- this particlar shower doesn't get used much), the plumber removed the face plate, took out a...

Shower Drip - American Standard [ 2 Answers ]

I have an American Standard Reliant + shower head that drips. Have replaced the cartridge & still dripping. Actually water is slowly coming out of the pressure balancing unit even when the water line is shut off. Do I need a new pressure balancing unit? What are the check stops for (one on each...

Installing a single lever shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the names of the materials needed to install a new single lever faucet in a shower and instructions on how to install it starting from the rough in stage. I have the hot and cold supply lines capped off at this time.

Install Single Lever Shower Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information on installing a single lever shower faucet. This will need conversion from the existing 2-faucet that is there now.

Single lever shower [ 1 Answers ]

Plumbing Question! I have a single lever shower. The hot water comes out on the cold side, and the cold water come out on the hot side. How can I find a remady to fix this situation. I don't want to have to repipe the lines , unless it is necessary. Thanks for any advice.

View more questions Search