Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DebbieW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Water back up from dishwasher in sink
    Hi,
    I have a dishwasher and my sink has a disposal. I am having a problem that i was wondering if i need a plumber to correct. When my washer is in use water comes up into the disposal side of the sink. Also sometimes i find water laying in the bottom of my dishwasher that is stagnant and doesn't smell very good. My double bowl sink drains have a bad smell in them quite a bit also and i use different products to take the smell away. Does this all connect to the same issue?? Thank you or any help you can give me.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Remove the dishwasher hose from the disposal and make sure there is no blockage. Also check and make sure the drain hose from the washer is looped up higher than where it connects to the disposal if you do not have an air gap. Also quarter a lemon and put through the disposal to remove the oder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sink runs water from dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

When my dishwasher drains, the water runs out the vent on my kitchen sink. Why?

New Dishwasher causing sink to back up [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since our new dishwasher was installed, our kitchen sink backs up. We do not have a garbage disposal. Do I need a special vent?

No water to kitchen sink or dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced faucet "ball" 12 months ago. Worked fine. Recently, no water flowing from kitchen faucet nor is adequate/any water flowing to dishwasher. One afternoon hot water only flowed with normal pressure from faucet, but has since stopped. Very small trickle of water from from sink sprayer,...

No water from sink after installing dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a house that was built in the early 1900s so the piping is really old and I didn't want to chance breaking anything so I went the cheap way out and I didn't sodder anything. I took the hose off from my hot water and added a T pipe that screws on to where the hose used to be. Left side...

No hot water in kitchen sink or dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

There is no hot water in the kitchen sink. If you let it flow on high for a few minutes, it gets tepid. I have felt the water in the dishwasher in the middle of a cycle and it is cold. The hot water is fine in the 3 bathrooms. We have tried flushing the hot water heater, but that did not help. Any...

View more questions Search