Ask
    GhouseAamiri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Hydraulic Elevator motor
    What is meant by" intermittent 40% " in hydraulic elevator motor
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2012, 03:46 AM
    Indicates minimum size of overload and branch circuit sizing.

Oct 7, 2012, 04:10 AM
    Hydraulic Elevator Motor
    Dear Mr.TK Russel,thanks for your answer.Iam still not clear.Please could you shed more light on your answer.If I am not wrong ,is it "intermittent 40%" indicates 40% more can be loaded than to the rating of the motor.###THANKS
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2012, 03:20 AM
    In USA, we use the NEC, and it allows us to use smaller overload protection and conductors by 40% of the full running load amps.

We do not load the motor 40% over the rated load of the motor.

Oct 8, 2012, 04:39 AM
    Hydraulic Elevator motor
    Thanks a lot,Mr.TK Russel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elevator riddle! [ 3 Answers ]

A man rides his elevator from the 13th floor to the 1st floor every morning, in the afternoon after work he returns to the same elevator to ride it back up to his room but only rides it to the 7th floor and walks the rest of the way up. He does this everyday. Why is this?

Elevator Fear [ 9 Answers ]

>.< I HATE HATE HATE HATE elevators. So much. And today made it even worse. I went to the hospital ot visit my grandma, so I tell my mom "I dont want to take the elevator, lets take the stairs" she says no and we go in the elevator, there's people in it and whatever. So it's a 2 door...

Elevator [ 2 Answers ]

What is the force (in Newtons) used if an elevator lifts passengers 30 meters in 24 seconds and the elevator is 15,000 watts?

Elevator Disconnect [ 2 Answers ]

Have a 26 amp motor, 6.6 hp, voltage at 208. What size fusible disconnect do I need? For an Elevator circuit.

Resolution of forces acting on pistons in case of radial piston type hydraulic motor [ 0 Answers ]

In hydraulic terms, formula for power (kW) of pump and motor of any type is kW = QP/600 (Efficiency ignored for simplicity) Where, Q = Oil flow rate (lit/min) P= Pressure (bar) In case of radial piston pump or motor of particular type in which pistons are...

View more questions Search