Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2021, 08:14 AM
    I certainly cannot blame repubs and the right for trying to cope with the electoral defeats of the last few election cycles. Losers usually blame everybody but themselves, but have heart, another election looms and maybe by then you will have figured out how to regroup like the dems did. Maybe the dufus if he ain't in jail can fix it for you AGAIN.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 12, 2021, 11:11 AM
    Is this really justified ?
    Just goes to show how far they were prepared to go.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-56035299
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2021, 11:32 AM
    If your point is that Trump sometimes behaved irrationally, then I think we will all concede that. Just don't leave out the many positives of the last four years.
    Expert

Feb 12, 2021, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post

No surprise here! Blaming others for his failure is typical dufus.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If your point is that Trump sometimes behaved irrationally, then I think we will all concede that. Just don't leave out the many positives of the last four years.
    Not the point at all.
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2021, 02:36 PM
    Thank goodness Cuomo is a liberal dem. If not, then he'd be in big trouble.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuo...navirus-deaths
    Expert

Feb 12, 2021, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Thank goodness Cuomo is a liberal dem. If not, then he'd be in big trouble.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuo...navirus-deaths
    Any elected official can be called to task because of actions they take. No exceptions.
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2021, 04:58 PM
    Watch this, and then we can discuss incendiary language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo96_nfW_Qw
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 05:05 PM
    Cuomo even when caught is trying to deflect and blame Trump ...amazing .

not at all . Pence was extremely loyal to Trump. Trump assumed Pence could do something in his ceremonial role of Congress certifying the results that Pence knew he could not constitutionally do .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Trump assumed Pence could do something in his ceremonial role of Congress certifying the results that Pence knew he could not constitutionally do .
    Trump is stupid, but he's not totally ignorant. Of course, he knew Pence couldn't change or stop the count, but Trump decided to go ahead anyway because his colossol stupidity convinced him he could stay president if only the votes were not counted on January 6. Trump's narcissism will always trump his scant knowledge.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Cuomo even when caught is trying to deflect and blame Trump ...amazing .

The total number of deaths of elderly New Yorkers were not "covered up." Get the facts straight: elderly residents of nursing homes who contracted COVID, were then transferred from a nursing home to a hospital, and then died of COVID while in the hospital, were listed as having died in a hospital instead of in a nursing home.

That information, which some see as a potential mischaracterization of where an elderly person died--not whether they died--was then withheld for a time from the New York State Legislature. It was withheld because the DOJ also wanted information at the same time, and the DOJ was given preference delaying the info to the state.

If I am wrong, I welcome correction, but it all seems like a tempest in a teapot.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    , but it all seems like a tempest in a teapot.
    A very apt description of the whole affair
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 07:25 PM
    fact .....the total numbers that died in nursing homes were intentionally under reported by as much as 50 % .There has been a rash of resignations from NYS Health Dept over the cover up . Now that secretary to the governor Melissa DeRosa admitted to it in a conference call to Dem lawmakers ,I'm sure more will come forward . She said that Trump was turning the scandal into a 'political foorball ' ;and that as a result they 'froze' . Instead of apologizing to the families ,she instead tried to make amends to the lawmakers for the inconvenience they endured from the scandal . I do understand the position that you were put in. I know that it is not fair. It was not our intention to put you in that political position with the Republicans.”

The Slimes noted ;The disclosures have left Mr. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat, scrambling to contain the political fallout, as lawmakers of both parties call for censure, including stripping the governor of his emergency powers during the pandemic, federal and state investigations and resignations of Ms. DeRosa and other top officials.

If not for some hard gumshoe investigations by the Albany Times-Union, the Empire Center think tank's FOIA requests , and Janice Dean of Fox the truth may never had come out .
    Cuomo Administration Releases FOIL-Requested Nursing Home Data - Empire Center for Public Policy

"Between last week’s court order and tonight’s formal response, the department posted new death totals for each facility, including hospital deaths that had previously been omitted. Those revelations increased the known death toll from about 9,000 to almost 15,000—making clear that the pandemic’s toll on long-term care residents was much worse than the Cuomo administration previously portrayed it to be. This six-month fight should not have been necessary, The department should have been disclosing these numbers all along, and certainly should have provided them upon request—not just from Empire Center, but from legislators, reporters and members of the public. "
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2021, 04:01 AM
    today's cancellation is actress Gina Carano who was playing a role in Disney's Mandalorian . Disney canned her for the heinous act of pointing out the obvious truth that the German Nazis were able to kill the Jews because they had taught the public to hate them and thus agree with that round-up. The Twitter goons went on a frenzy . Disney ,bowing to the mob ,fired her .

'The Mandalorian' star Gina Carano fired from Lucasfilm after fallout over social media post | The Post Millennial

as a footnote . Disney also cancelled Peter Pan , Dumbo ,Swiss Family Robinson, and The Aristocats to children 7 or younger .

Why ?
    Disney implemented a revised content advisory in October to flag up any issues surrounding racial stereotypes and concerns were raised in relation to Peter Pan and the other productions. The decision to ban the films from children’s accounts was made by a group of external experts who were brought in to assess if the content ‘represented global audiences’.
    While the films remain available on adult accounts, they come with a disclaimer that says: ‘This programme includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures. These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now. ‘Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together.’
    Disney+ blocks under-sevens from watching 'racist' Peter Pan, Dumbo and The Aristocats | Daily Mail Online

BossMan

Feb 13, 2021, 06:04 AM
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55955588

I'm sure some will disagree, there are, however, some really big takeaways in it.
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 06:26 AM
    Coming from the BBC, I thought it was a surprisingly fair analysis.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 07:25 AM
    No doubt the BBC is watching this whole thing LIVE rather than through partisan media lenses. I know...I got no life outside of Netflix.

My fringer friends have as much success making a case and answering questions as the dufus lawyers.
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 11:52 AM
    The latest riot in NYC was by BLM. Thank goodness for that. It relieves the local authorities from the burden of having to arrest anyone. But even if they do, our VP can be counted on to bail them out. It also gives the liberal dems a reason to NOT oppose the rioters.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/violent-b...o-nypd-injured
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 01:52 PM
    Dems fall 10 short of convicting the dufus. 57-43
    BossMan

Feb 13, 2021, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Dems fall 10 short of convicting the dufus. 57-43
    Gotta love partisanship...
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Gotta love partisanship...
    No surprise at all, nor was Minority Leader McConnell's scathing rebuke of the dufus while voting not guilty.

Slick Mitch has the next election cycle in his sights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

How do I regain parents trust after a serious trust break down? [ 1 Answers ]

Basically my ex fiancˇ did dope and I had a little of it now and again, but then when we broke up I found more of my mates do it too. As I enjoyed a little smoke now and again I bought my own stuff e.g a grinder and some weed. For 3 weeks I was buying my own and hiding it at home. Ä°t was never a...

It hurt to break someone's trust? [ 3 Answers ]

I hurt my boyfriend by breaking the promises I made with him.I chat with male friend when he was chating with me .he have given me a second chance but I again did it now he is hurt very much and not receiving my calls so will he forgive me...

Can you regain trust after a break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, here goes. A little background info. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months but we didn't become offical/exclusive tillNovember. He dumped me a few days ago because I told him once again I was uneasy about his friendship with my cousin. I get jelous quite often and moody. He...

View more questions Search