Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 02:51 AM
    What galveson said is correct. She had wide support among the Democrats when she was taking on the corrupt Republican Murkowski establishment.
    Dubbed by a reporter the 'Corrupt B@stard Club' (which so amused those involved they started wearing hats and tee shirts with that name on it) ;a FBI investigation led to the arrest of several state officers including Murkowski's Chief of Staff .
    Alaska political corruption probe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Palin was elected in the middle of the probe and began the process of reforming Alaska politics.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 06:18 AM

Hello again,

Look, she's a sweetie... If only she KNEW important stuff. But, she doesn't...

That's OK, though. I'm not putting her down. I didn't know important stuff before I took the time to learn it. She could have took the time... She didn't.

It's true. Knowing stuff isn't high on the Republican list of wants. But, personally, I kind of value it.

excon
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:00 AM

Sarah Palin on November 25, in Florida:

YouTube - Sarah Palin at The Villages
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 10:07 AM

Hello again, George:

I saw the video. They LOVE her, in small town America. That's why she's avoiding the big cities...

There's a Maryland State Senator on the Video named Nancy Jacobs. She tells it like it is when she says, Sarah Palin is ".. just your normal average person .."

I don't disagree. I just don't think your normal average person knows much about the world, and she doesn't. That's all I'm saying.

But in terms of her being a strong female role model, as a mom, and especially being the mother of Trig, I actually think she's pretty great. She just doesn't know stuff.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 10:14 AM
    I stayed one week at the Villages - you do realize that it's a retirement community right? That the same demographic as Fox News so its no surprise.
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That the same demographic as Fox News so its no surprise.
    Hello again, NK:

It IS interesting, that in the beginning of the video, the local FOX noise dude, said that "the patriotic crowd waited for hours, then the bus pulled up.. "

I wonder what HIS politics are?? Hmmmm.

excon
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Nov 28, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, George:

I saw the video. They LOVE her, in small town America. That's why she's avoiding the big cities...

There's a Maryland State Senator on the Video named Nancy Jacobs. She tells it like it is when she says, Sarah Palin is ".. just your normal average person .."

I don't disagree. I just don't think your normal average person knows much about the world, and she doesn't. That's all I'm saying.

But in terms of her being a strong female role model, as a mom, and especially being the mother of Trig, I actually think she's pretty great. She just doesn't know stuff.

excon
    So, please tell us how much Obama knew when he was elected? Better yet, tell us how much he knows NOW.

The President doesn't have to KNOW everything. He has lots of advisors to give him the facts he needs.

What the President MUST have is good judgment so that the information he receives can be put to the best use.

OK ALL.

Which of the accomplishments credited to Palin in the letter arn NOT true? Pretty impressive, dontcha' think?

Hmmm?
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Hello again, George:

excon
    Those yocals out in the sticks - they buy a lot of books dude!
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    So, please tell us how much Obama knew when he was elected? Better yet, tell us how much he knows NOW.

The President doesn't have to KNOW everything. He has lots of advisors ...

What the President MUST have is good judgment ...

OK ALL.

Which of the accomplishments credited to Palin in the letter arn NOT true? Pretty impressive, dontcha' think?

Hmmm?
    Poor USA: President Jokobama has no judgement and no advisors, except the Maoists and other far lefties.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Hello again, NK:

It IS interesting, that in the beginning of the video, the local FOX noise dude, said that "the patriotic crowd waited for hours, then the bus pulled up.. "

I wonder what HIS politics are?? Hmmmm.
    Wait, I thought patriotism was not the domain of one party. In fact, I thought it was now the domain of Democrats, Sen. Conrad said if you disagree with trying KSM in NY then you can just leave the country. BY the way, CNN seemed to notice the patriotism of the crowd at The Villages last year, it must not have been too hard to spot for a Fox reporter either.

Anyway, that's not what I'm interested in, this is:

Sarah Palin Stars as Heroine in New Children's Book

The former vice presidential candidate is the subject of new book ' Help! Mom! Radicals Are Ruining My Country!'

While Sarah Palin is certainly making waves with her own best-selling book “Going Rogue,” the former governor and vice presidential candidate is also in the spotlight with a cameo appearance as a heroine in the recently released children’s book “Help! Mom! Radicals Are Ruining My Country!”

In the book written by Katharine DeBrecht, “Governor Sarah” (a character based on Palin) attempts to help two young boys hold onto their dream of a swing-set business which is struggling as a result of high taxes, heavy regulations and 246 czars.

“I am trying to let all Americans know that these radicals are killing the American Dream and I want to stop them from hurting people that produce products and provide jobs,” the Palin character consoles the frustrated boys after their business is destroyed by “Marxus Obunduf” who is based on President Obama.

“I used Palin because I wanted to point out that there is nothing wrong with standing up for your values regardless of who attacks you,” DeBrecht told Foxnews.com. “The book also shows that “Marxus” and his radicals are basically killing the American Dream in their grab for power. I want to tell kids that they can achieve their dreams by working hard and not relying on the government to help them.”
    Help! Mom! Radicals Are Ruining My Country!' I love it, LOL! Much neded balance for children's books such as Mama Voted for Obama! and Barack, the story about "The man whose name the whole world knows."
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Dec 1, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Hello again,

Look, she's a sweetie... If only she KNEW important stuff. But, she doesn't...

excon
    She knows when life begins, and that it is precious and valuable.
    That question is not above her paygrade.

G&P
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    She knows when life begins, and that it is precious and valuable.
    That question is not above her paygrade.

G&P
    Okay, I understand your comment about when life begins, all women are given that knowledge, if they choose to acknowledge it and accept it. That is not unique to Palin.

What question is above her paygrade ?

Tick
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 06:21 PM
    The line about "above my pay grade " was given by candidate Obama when asked about the question of when human life begins.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The line about "above my pay grade " was given by candidate Obama when asked about the question of when human life begins.
    Otherwise known as 'political' rope-a-dope: "In competitive situations other than boxing, rope-a-dope is used to describe strategies in which one party purposely puts itself in what appears to be a losing position, attempting thereby to become the eventual victor." Rope-a-dope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also illustrated in his votes, "Present", while serving in the Illinois Senate. ""In the Illinois state Senate, Senator Obama voted 130 times 'present.' That's not yes, that's not no. That's maybe," Hillary Rodham Clinton said in a debate Monday." Fact Check: Obama's 'present' votes - Boston.com
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    Senator Obama voted 130 times 'present.' That's not yes, that's not no. That's maybe
    In Illinois government saying "present" means "not yet," get back to work on this bill and clean it up or retool it or somehow fix it so it can be brought out into the light of day again. Saying "present" in Illinois has nothing to do with being wishy-washy.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 10:34 AM

Obama was the lone "present" vote on legislation allowing the victims of rape and other sex crimes to have their court records sealed. Would you say that was a vote worthy of firmer stuff than indecision ?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 11:08 AM

Even the NY Times described it as "effectively sidestepping the issue." I think anyone can understand voting "present" in Illinois at times, but not 130 times. That's called "political cover."

Dec 2, 2009, 02:05 PM

Apparently, none of Palin's detractors can find anything to criticize about her accomplishments.

So what does that leave them to honestly criticize?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Apparently, none of Palin's detractors can find anything to criticize about her accomplishments.

So what does that leave them to honestly criticize?
    I like her too, galveston and she appears to have a good head on her shoulders but she really needs some geography lessons. If she ever plans on running, she will have to take some crash courses.

Tick

Dec 2, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I like her too, galveston and she appears to have a good head on her shoulders but she really needs some geography lessons. If she ever plans on running, she will have to take some crash courses.

tick
    Possibly true, but core values and judgment are far more important than being a walking world Atlas. We have maps for what we don't remember.

It's like the spelling, potato or potato. The latter was correct in an earlier day, and has nothing to do with anything, but one promising career was cut short because of such nit-picking.

I realize the left are accomplished nit-pickers when they can't find real substance to criticize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enough Already Sarah Palin! [ 127 Answers ]

Is anyone else sick of Sarah Palin talking nonsense? We all new she was at best semi-literate but her new comments about so-called death panels wanting to execute the elderly and disabled people are too ridiculous for words. What bothers me most is that not one prominent Republican politician has...

President Sarah Palin [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: I predict that if health care goes down, which I define as not having a public option, Sarah Palin will be elected in 2012. You? excon

What Does Sarah Palin read? [ 69 Answers ]

So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

View more questions Search