Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VIDAJB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Expensing loan proceeds
    Have a line of credit for a small business- have brought in the cash into the checking account and recorded the draw amount under liability on the balance sheet. Client wants the P & L to reflect a reduction in the expenses. I cannot figure out the other side of the equasion if I credit expenses what do I debit on the P & L?:confused:
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 08:04 PM
    What reduction in expenses? The client borrowed money. The only expense involved would be interest when it's paid, or accrued at period end, and it wouldn't be a reduction in expenses, but an increase. Tell the client you can't do that because it's incorrect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expensing Inventory [ 4 Answers ]

Can you expense inventory as soon as it is received even though it is still setting on the shelf and has not been used? What happens at the end of the year when the my MRP system states I have a million dollars worth of inventory? Is this legal?

Expensing Supplier Invoices [ 1 Answers ]

We are a distributor of office products. We buy from the wholesaler and sell to the end-user. When we invoice the end user freight charges are entered as a cost of sale and the customer therefore receives free freight. When we expense the supplier invoice, however, we have been expensing...

How to divide Proceeds [ 3 Answers ]

My question involves my mother's recent death and the proceeds. Me and 2 other sisters paid her bills until probate was finished. We also sold her property and divided 3 ways but did not subtract the monies we each paid in for her bills. She also had a car that we sold for $5,000 and I actually...

View more questions Search