Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hghjmpr6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2005, 01:46 PM
    Bathroom Sink Smell...
    Someone threw up in my bathroom sink (why there when the toilet is only two feet away I do not know). The sink was plunged, and eventually drained. For good measure, I put a few doses of Liquid Plumr down the drain. Now there is a foul odor coming from the sink drain. Please help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 25, 2005, 03:08 PM
    Hi Jumper,

Ya got to stop throwing those wild parties! Pull the stopper and look down the drain about 6". You will see a small rod sticking oput. If there's hair hung upon it fish it out. Tonight before you go to bed pour 1/2 gallon of bleach down the drain and let it set over night. Next morning boil a large pan of water and flush the bleach and your smell down the drain. Cheers, Tom
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2005, 05:33 AM
    Drain odors
    Hi,
    As suggested by another post, pulling the stopper and following his directions is good advice.
    If you have trouble getting the stopper out, here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to remove the stopper, if it's connected to a lever on top of the sink, for opening and closing it:

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/qa/qasinkdrainodor.shtm

Also, just simply using Liquid Plumber or other type cleaners will not get rid of the odor by themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell coming from cold water in sink and bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have spent a lot of money on my plumbing problem and still don't have an answer. We added a 2bedroom 1 bath addition onto our house. About a month after we started using the addition we began to have a sewer smell coming from the cold water. We removed alloy rod from water heater just in...

Smell in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I live in a relatively new home and over the past few months I've noticed a mild sewage smell in my 2nd floor bathroom. The smell does not seem to be coming from anywhere in particular. I have noticed that on windy days the smell is more noticeable. The water drains fine in all cases....

Bad Rotting Smell in Bathroom Sink [ 3 Answers ]

In the apartment complex where I work, one of the apartments has a very bad rotting smell coming from the bathroom sink. I have tried chemicals and had lines water jetted with 180 psi. Checked vents and they are clear. Drains are clear and not plugged. Apartment complex is only 3 years old and...

Sewage Smell from upstairs sink [ 2 Answers ]

I may be handy, but it takes me 5 times longer to do anything. (Husband travels extensively, so taking 5x longer is better than it not getting done at all!) I notice a very strong sewage odor coming from my upstairs bathroom sink. (Not something you want to encounter when brushing your teeth...

Bathroom sink Drains into #2 sink [ 3 Answers ]

I have bathroom sink drain problems. The master bath sink drains into the shared bathroom sink which is located directly on the other side of the wall. I recently remodeled the bathroom and the only difference in the plumbling is a horizontal length of pipe I added to accommodate the new sink...

View more questions Search