Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertleonard91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Can't find transcripts from closed college
    I have been scouring the web to find the institution I earned my ASEET at 20 years ago. It seems it went out of business or was bought (by whom I don't know) about 3-4 years ago. The name of the school was Metropolitan Technical Institute in Fairfield NJ. 13 years ago I had those transcripts sent to NJIT but I never started school there and they didn't hold on to them. Where would I look for my transcripts from this closed private school?
    Thanks...
    Ronsboyfriend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 07:30 AM
    The Federal Student Aid department within the U.S. Department of Education has a team of contacts for verious regions of the United States. For NJ, contact Nautochia Webb: 646- 428-3758; E-mail: [email protected]

See the complete list at IFAP - Information for Financial Aid Professionals
    Osric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 05:43 PM

Any luck in finding your transcript? I am having the same problem. I was told they should be located in the NJ Department of Labor. My first attept I was told that my record was not in my year , 1980, or the year before or after. I tried again about 6 months later, hoping for better luck, and was told by the same person that they did not have any records for that school. If you were successful, I would appreciate anything you can tell me.
    Joe Guilbeau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 02:32 PM
    You should be able to request a transcript from the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development division of One-Stop Coordination and Support.

The School Approval Unit @ P.O. Box 055 in Trenton NJ 08625-0055 or emai the following with your request: [email protected]
    felsesser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 05:04 PM
    This appears to be the same school that was located in Saddle Brook. Your traqnscript may be listed with this school.
    The owner who used the title director. Mr. Frank Gergelyi - wife Mildred was Registrar.
    The original address:
    400 Lyster Avenue
    Saddle Brook, NJ 07662
    Cheers!
    Securix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 04:25 PM
    I attended MTI between 1987 and 1989 when it had moved from Saddle Brook to 11 Daniel Road, Fairfield, NJ. It remained there for several years after which Mr. Gergelyi sold the school to another company. I believe his son, Frank T. Gergelyi Jr started his own school, mostly for Cisco training, which was also located in Fairfield, NJ. I'm not sure if this place is still around, but the old MTI went out of business long ago and the building was sold to Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning. Frank Gergelyi Sr unfortunately passed away in June of 2010. Frank Jr is currently listed as running a small I.T. shop in nearby Montville, NJ at http://www.allin1computers.com/ABOUT_US.htm

Hope that helps!
    Osric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 08:59 AM
    Comment on Ronsboyfriend's post
    Spoke with her last year. She sent me to NJ DOL who told me my xscript was missing. 6 months later tried again & same person told me they didn't have xscripts from my school at all. I've hit a dead end there, but I thank you for your efforts.
    MICHELLE1122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 07:24 AM
    I want to internacional junior college in ponce ,puerto rico, in the 1999. The college closed in 2006 and i can not find my transcripts . Can some one help me.
    janv13rfam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 05:21 PM
    I attended and graduated from Bauder College in Fort Lauderdale, FL (1992). It has been 19 years and I am trying to contact Bauder for transcripts but the school is no longer there. How can I get a copy of my transcripts from a school that has been closed for almost 15 years?
    rhou35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 09:45 AM
    This is not an answer but question for janv13rfam, I attended Bauder College around the same time you did and I am trying to get my transcripts now Did you ever find out how to get your trascripts if so could you post your findings. Thank you.
    erica smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 09:28 PM
    I attended specncer college in baton rouge la how do I find my transcripts it has me since 1987?
    kahn2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 10:54 AM
    I attended Fort Lauderdale College and graduated in 1978 trying to locate my transcript. College was brought out three times by other instituations. ANy recommendations

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College transcripts [ 4 Answers ]

Where do transcripts end up if a college closes down?

How do I get a copy of my transcripts if the school has closed? [ 5 Answers ]

I can not find the school anymore and need to get copies of my transcripts for my current college to get credits for my past classes. How do I get these records if the school shut its doors? Is there a government organization that can help me? Who do I call? I am really frustrated.:confused:

Closed college [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get a transcript from a closed college?

Getting a transcript from a college that closed [ 1 Answers ]

I went to school at two business colleges that have since closed.  Any suggestions on what to do as reference to getting transcripts from them?  Is there a place that they go to submit transcripts before they close their doors for good?

Transcripts from a closed business school [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find my transcripts to a business school that closed?

View more questions Search