Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starlite Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Bird flu pandemic!
    Hey guys, have you heard about the possibility of bird flu mutating and being spread from human to human?? I'm paralysed with fear every time I let myself think of such a disaster.. what would the world become if such a thing happens?? Do you take Tamiflu or Relenza as precautions? Or do you keep these in stock? Just tell me please... I've read several articles on the net which made me very aware of bird flu virus!

Viet Nam News, Vietnam
    CA MAU â€" After several weeks of silence bird flu is sounding alarm bells again as a third southern province reported the deadly disease in a small flock of...
    Focus News, Bulgaria
    German authorities culled about 1200 farm and pet birds over the weekend after a pet goose tested positive for the lethal strain of bird flu, a government...
    Manila Times, Philippines
    Indonesia has seen its toll from the deadly H5N1 virus grow steadily since 2005 when the first confirmed human deaths occurred here.. .
    WRIC, VA
    (AP) - More than 50000 turkeys on an unidentified farm west of Mount Jackson tested positive for avian flu antibodies. Virginia Poultry Federation president...
    Source: Bird Flu News - Bird flu news from around the world.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Check this website out, it answers your question pretty well.
    NPR : The Next Pandemic: Bird Flu, or Fear?
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 09:56 AM
    While the issue is nothing to simply dismiss, it's not something to get worked up into a paranoia charade about. If you want to keep an antiviral like oseltamivir on-hand, that's fine, but there is no reason to be taking it now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is dye in bird toys safe? How to clean bird toys? [ 8 Answers ]

I am usually the one that helps other people with their cockatiel or bird questions but this time I am the one that needs help. I have cockatiel birds and I have many bird toys that I buy from Walmart and PetsMart and the other day when cleaning my bird cage I decided to wash the toys with water...

Bird flu [ 6 Answers ]

Hi again everyone, I live in England, and I am really worried about bird flu. In England there is just one confirmed case, but what I don't understand is how serious this is. Could this disease spread to humans. Tonight they were saying in the news if the disease spread to humans then they...

Current Bird Flu [ 3 Answers ]

Hello friend ,I am jora .At this time I am living in Asia but I heard that bird flu infection is very fast spread in that country. But I don’t have more information about bird flu. Please anyone tell me about bird flu and how to prevent flu infection.

Bird flu [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There was a program about bird flu few days back that made me really scared, and I searched the inter net about it and I got scared even more , now Im thinking about it all the time , it even started to affect my sleep , it like that thinking about it and screded from it is over whelming, is...

Bird Flu [ 1 Answers ]

What is avian influenza (bird flu)? Bird flu is an infection caused by avian (bird) influenza (flu) viruses. These flu viruses occur naturally among birds. Wild birds worldwide carry the viruses in their intestines, but usually do not get sick from them. However, bird flu is very contagious...

View more questions Search