Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Scary fall :(
    Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and rest a lot more. Alex's mom has been looking for any excuse to visit, so here it is, lol. She's flying in tomorrow to help look after things while I basically rest.

Anyway I am all nervous about this fall and going into labour. I don't want to have a preemie baby, and even though the doctors have reassured me that both myself and the baby are doing fine, I am really nervous about it. If anyone knows of a good website about falling when you're pregnant or early labour please share it with me, thanks! I looked at Google for a while but it seems I have no patience right now lol.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2006, 11:20 AM
    I am one of those who will always say "don't worry unless you have reason to worry"... and even then, not "worry", but "plan for the possibility"...

Definitely do as the Dr. says; and hopefully they will see you sooner, because of this, than they normally would have... and of course, be sure to report any irregularities to your Dr. in the meantime.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Sorry, to hear about your fall. I know pregnancy can be an anxious time and trying to make sure that there is an good environment for the baby always and yes, worry comes with it as well. I am glad they were able to stop the labour. There are different websites talking about trauma in pregnancies but there are no definant answers, just that it is common to have accidents while pregnant because of the changes in the body. Like you for my wife and I we check out different websites on Google about different pregnancy stuff. In my experience though sometimes you can look up too much and make you even more nervous and worked up which is not good for the parents or the baby. Just take lots of bed rest. Do your best to relax and take the doctors advice. Our prayers are with you all.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 11:49 AM
    Thanks so much Joe. Tried to leave you a comment and couldn't. Sigh... I guess I must give out way too much reputation or something! :p

Anyway yeah I am sure I am worrying WAY too much, and probably going to the websites will just make me worse. Although, I am the type of person that, the more information I have the less I worry. But it's a good point you've made, that every pregnancy is different. Alex and I will have to try to remember that. He's worried too, and he's a doctor. I think seeing a doctor being worried makes me worried, lol. Although he also human and it is his baby, so I'll have to cut him some slack there.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Hey,

Sorry to hear about your fall, but I am glad that you are okay!

It might be comforting to know that my mother took a steep fall when she was pregnant with me and I stopped kicking for about 1 hour. And with that having happened, I think I turned out okay.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Sorry to hear about your fall. Glad everything is all right now. It is definitely more difficult to keep that balance situation under control in pregnancy, but from the sounds of it, you and your little one will be just fine. If I didn't wear tennis shoes all the time I was always tripping and stuff. Doctors can have a world of experience, but when it is their own child, it's a whole different story. ;0) Good luck, and keep us updated!
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Apr 10, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Dear Chava!
    Sorry to hear about your fall.
    First of all, try to take it easier, And I'm happy Alex's mother is coming.
    Next thing, rest,rest rest,and lie down .
    I know it's almost impossible with the 2 kids around and Pesach at the front door already, but please do!
    I'd also like to tell you, that pregnancies differ even for the same woman, I could tell you the stories of my 3!
    It's more apprehensive when it's the first.It always is and it's only natural.
    Don't get worried about Alex being worried - I'm not saying to overlook the whole thing, but remember his worry is derived from his being the FATHER and not the DOCTOR.
    So I wish you all the best, and a healthy and safe delivery at it's right time!
    I keep my fingers crossed for you and your baby,
    Good Luck,
    Millie :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Thanks Millie! Actually my father-in-law is also coming now too! They decided to have Pesach with us. Not sure if that's bad or good, LOL. I'm sure it will be fine though. I get along well with them, and with my mother-in-law around, I won't have to do ANY work. She's generally up at all hours cooking and cleaning and bossing everyone around, which is fine with me! :p Alex took 2 days off from work as well, so that he can chaffeur the kids to their activities. So I am really being spoiled.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Oh yes, balance is a very tricky thing. Your center of gravity shifts forward, and your hips are usually a little softer, so its easier for you to lose your balance. Just try to hold onto to something sturdy while you go down stuff like that, hahah
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:37 PM
    I'm a little annoyed now that the doctors didn't tell me this. I guess maybe they assumed I knew? Maybe it's general knowledge and I am just really stupid or something lol. Anyway thanks for pointing it out. Thankfully there's not many stairs in this house, but I will definitely be more careful from now on!
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Well, they should have told you that, its fairly important. Usually they caution you to be careful in the shower and stuff esp because its so easy to lose your balance. Of ocurs eit also varies with how many previous pregnancies you have had, and how far along you are/how big you are. Perhaps they thought you already knew because you have two kids? Whoknows. Shoes with good traction are the best. And shorter heels on high heeled shoes
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Well thanks very much for the info. I haven't been told anything about the shower, either. I was told not to ride my bike, and also about the shoes, but no one mentioned why that I can recall. The last few months have been quite hectic in a lot of ways not relating to the pregnancy, so it could be that I'm just having a mind block here... but I will be more careful from now on. This is actually my first pregnancy, my other 2 children are adopted.
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Apr 10, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    So I am really being spoiled.
    Dear Cava!
    And so you shouldQ!
    When are you most entitled to be spoilt than now?
    All the best, and let us know how you're doing.
    Take care,
    Millie
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Oh well then , congratulations! Very exciting time for you, your hubby and your children. I hope all goes smoothly for you the rest of your pregnancy. Its nice to have family around to help you. I use to wear those gippy socks. The ones with the stuff on the bottom to help prevent slips haha. I am sure youwill be fine though. Every pregnancy is different and every day as well. Congrats again! (I'm playing the waiting game myself)
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milliec
    Dear Cava!
    And so you shouldQ!
    When are you most entitled to be spoilt than now?
    All the best, and let us know how you're doing.
    Take care,
    Millie

I'm not used to being spoiled... I'm used to taking care of everyone else, although Alex is pretty good at helping. But it is great, the spoiling, hope I don't get too used to it!
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Apr 10, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Orange,
    I'm sorry to hear of your fall. It is true that when you are pregnant your center of gravity is shifted. I too had a problem with this when I was pregnant, and I am sorda clumsy as it is :) I fell on the ice but luckily didn't go into early labor. THe best thing you can do is stay off your feet AS MUCH as possible, and let everyone else take care of you for a while. It sounds boring, I know, but it IS the best thing. When you are on your feet a lot is when early labor can occur. You and the baby will be fine, REMEMBER, stress is also a factor in early labor, and I know you have been under a lot of this lately, so try to relax and enjoy all of the help! You deserve it, and besides you will need the rest for the time when you won't have any (after the baby is born :)) Hang in there, Orange!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Apr 11, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Sorry to hear about your fall... just remember to milk all the relaxation while you can... lol... I know that premature labor is scary and I'm glad that they got yours to stop. My oldest was a premie and yes it is very scary and the twins promise to be too but that's because of what it is. Take some time and enjoy all the kicks and punches cause after you deliver your going to miss them lots.
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2006, 07:11 PM
    Thanks Myth. Yeah I'm actually really enjoying all the attention and rest lol. I need it though; I seem to be more and more tired all the time. In fact, tonight I have lots of messages to answer on the forum, and usually I love doing that, but I am just sooo tired that I think I'll leave them until morning. How are you doing by the way? I hope well. :)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Apr 12, 2006, 08:37 PM
    Doing OK... have a raging bladder infection but got antibotics now so hopefully that will help... just remember that when you start cleaning like a mad woman let us know so we can place bets on how soon the little one will arrive.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Ugh sorry about your bladder infection. I really hate those.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    just remember that when you start cleaning like a mad woman let us know so we can place bets on how soon the little one will arrive.
    LOLL really?? Is that some kind of nesting instinct? I will let you guys know for sure haha. In fact I told Alex he has to hurry and get his own username and password to the site so he can come on here and tell you guys when I go to the hospital and when the baby is born. Could your boyfriend do that for you too?

Btw... what happened with the dog you were going to get? Did you end up getting that cute Chow mix?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scary stories? [ 18 Answers ]

I have friends and family that come over sometimes and we like to share scary stories (that are true). Does anyone have any to share? (Please, no bogus stories or small stories about things flying across the room)

Will Fan Fall? And Wobble... [ 5 Answers ]

FINALLY finished installing a ceiling fan today (long story) and wanted to know if it could fall down. I accidentally over tightened the setscrew on the hanger ball while attaching it to the downrod and the screw head broke off. There was about 1/16 in. thread left on the piece I broke off and...

Fall from Grace for Lucifer [ 4 Answers ]

What book of the Bible discusses how and why Lucifer angel decided to go out on his own: what is the basic summary of what happened? Does the Bible describe this angel as the top angel and how was it that he decided to stray from God's word? It's a little confusing, as heavan and angels are...

Children's videos! Scary [ 1 Answers ]

When I was very little I used to watch this one video with a series of kind og grim reaper tales almost.. some kind of "tales". One of them had to do with this girl that was wandering lost in a forest and this owl comes to her and shows her how inside of a tree is this little home with a bed a...

Warning - scary url sponsor [ 1 Answers ]

When I opened the Religion page today, at the top left is a link to "Disturbing Horoscope warning: very freaky scary" While I donot believe in or check my horoscope, I wondered what couold be scary about one, so I clicked on. That took me to a page that required birth details and also...

View more questions Search