Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redneck_rockstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Depo Shot
    All right, my last depo shot was July 5, 2005. So its been about 2 years since my last shot. I haven't had but 1 period since then and it was December 2006. It was extremely heavy and it lasted a whole month. Since then I haven't had a period. Me and my husband have tried and tried, but I can't get pregnant and I'm scared that the depo has messed me up and that I'm not able to have kids. My doctor didn't even make me aware of any of the serious sidafects that I could have with the shot when I started the depo, so I trusted my doctor :mad: and it has gotten me nowhere, but worry. What do I do?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 02:53 PM
    You can't do anything other than return to your dr and tell him/her that you have been trying to conceive for two years with no success and would like help.
    Sadly depo does this to more women than you realise it did take us 2.5 years to conceive our daughter after way more years on depo than advised.
    Seek help hun get some advice if you Google depo in msn groups there's a great support group there full of thousends of women all going through the same.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Sep 11, 2007, 03:02 PM
    I took depo once.. hod αwful crαp-- hαte it!!

CBW you mαy be right: it wαs jαn of 05 when I got mine.. then hαd α bαby 2 yeαrs lαter..

hαve you been to α fertility/ fαmily plαnning clinic-- you αnd your hubby would get tested αnd with the proper umm steps?. you'll be αble to conceive successfully :)

goodluck αnd don't lose hope..

ps. Stress = no bαby so relαx you'll soon hαve α grimlin of your own xxoo
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Along with the above advice, you need to speak to you doctor about regualting your period. It is not normal to go without a period for more than a few months (unless you are on something like Depo that pervents them).

I know first hand... I don't have periods unless I am on meds (like birth control pills etc). My husband and I have been trying to conceive, I told my OB and she was concerned about me not having periods. She did blood work and everything was fine, hormones were at the right levels etc. so we really aren't too sure why I don't have them. But anyway... she put me on Prometrium to regulate me.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

I started the depo shot on April 11, 2007 and it have been 3 months later, and I am still bleedingfrom the shot. The bleeding don't be heavy like a period . I want to know how long does the bleeding last and will it ever stop.

Depo shot [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on and off the depo shot for the last 2 years. I am 34 years old and we really want to get pregnant. I know age has a factor along with being on the shot. I am going to see the ob Dr. Is there anything you can take to speed up the process?:confused: :confused:

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long do you have too be off the shot before you try too get pregnant?

Getting off the depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am 28 years old and getting ready to get married to a wonderful man.:p I was on the depo shot for 3 years and I have now been off it for about 6 weeks, maybe not quite that long, but I have had bleeding for the past 5 weeks and it is driving me crazy. It will tease me, I will go all...

View more questions Search