Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheppo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Girlfriend moving from ghana to ireland
    Can anyone tell me how my girlfriend can move from Ghana and come and live with me in Ireland? Also the cost of the visa and passport. Thank you
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 08:28 AM
    I was waiting to see if someone from Ireland would reply, I know about immigration to Canada and the US but I've been noticing most laws are pretty universal.

Someone cannot simply decide to move to another country permanently. She can come visit you on a tourist visa, usually 6 months maximum, but cannot stay in Ireland with you longer (legally anyways).

If you were married (or for some countries even engaged) you could sponsor her to become a permanent resident and eventually a citizen. But you cannot sponsor a girlfriend. She can also look into applying for work in Ireland and if a company agrees to hire her she can get a work visa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend moving out/possibly breaking up [ 14 Answers ]

All right, here's the issue in full. I moved out of state to be with this girl after a difficult long distance relationship. Moving from my parents house, I moved in with her, her dad, and her step-mom. Within two months, I had a full time job through her father and an apartment full of...

Study abroad in Ireland? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone had used the NorthWest Student Exchange or the Youth for Understanding study abroad programs *esp. in Ireland* How did your stay go? Any complaints? PLEASE let me know because I am about to pick a program to study abroad in ireland with and I'm DESPERATE...

Girlfriend is Moving Out [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I met Kim about 6 years ago when she and her sister and father moved in to one of my parents rent houses to go to work for us in our shop, we were really to young for a serious relationship. But we were really close friends. I was currently in a relationship with another girl Danielle for like...

Girlfriend in ghana [ 5 Answers ]

Hello fellow members, I have a friend in ghana that wants to come to america and get married. Supposedly she is single and living with parents and not a scammer. Already purchased passport and sent copy to me but still not trusting all the info coming from her. Is there a way that I can verify...

View more questions Search