Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logicalthinker Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:40 PM
    I'm not getting enough calories
    I know this doesn't sound like the normal problem people that are trying to lose weight have, but it's causing me concern. 8 days ago I dramatically changed my eating habits. I cut out all soda and I am now eating 6-7 cups of fruits and vegetables with 1 serving of protein a day. My problem is that 5 out of the last 8 days I have eaten less that 1000 calories for the entire day. Everything I've read said that a woman should not go under 1200 calories a day, and that anything under 1000 is considered anorexic. I eat regularly throughout the day and even fit in snacks on occasion. Are there healthy foods that are higher calorie that I can add to my diet? I'm afraid to start an excersize regimen because I worry that my body will go into starvation mode. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Mar 24, 2009, 03:41 PM

Oh yeah I should also add that I eat 2 servings of dairy a day as well. Thanks
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 02:04 AM
    Add more healthy foods. It's that simple!

A sweet potato with shredded cheese as a side for dinner. There's always room for more veggies or an extra salad.

MRS.S
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 06:10 AM

Nuts are high calorie and still good for you

Mar 25, 2009, 09:22 AM

Thanks emland didn't think of that. I'll have to try adding some almonds and such. I also found out mangos are a higher calorie fruit so I added one to my smoothie today:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

500 Calories a day [ 21 Answers ]

Is 500 calories a day for about a week OK? Then I'll switch to 1200 calories a day after a week?

How many more calories? [ 7 Answers ]

For significant weight loss, how many more calories should one burn in a day more than they take in?

How many calories? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering how many calories would be in a samwhich consisting of : 2 slices grain bread Marg on both sides Lite mayo on both sides Cold chicken Lettuce Red onion How many calories would be in 1 large glass of wine?

How many calories do I need? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 27 year-old female, 5' 7" and weigh 134 pounds. I have worked out off and on for a while, but recently I started exercising for 1 hour every day. My routine is as follows: I run a 10 minute mile for 30 minutes on the treadmill OR do the stair machine (actual stairs, not stairmaster)...

Calories [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website where you can give them your intake of daily foods and work out your calories.

View more questions Search